The Week in Review
- Just received brackets from Captain Archer, Parlay, and need to do the write-up on US Army Indian Classic. Check back often throughout the day.
Ironman at Walsh Jesuit (OH)
Florida sent Lake Highland Prep, Anthony Artalona and Ben Buhler of Tampa Prep, Grant Aronoff and Bryce Marcus of St Thomas Aquinas, and Max Wohlabaugh of Winter Springs. You want a who's who of top high school talent ... this was the tournament to watch this weekend. Go to Flo, Intermat, WIN, or any of the other national wrestling publications and type in some of those names and you will understand how much of a grind the Ironman was in 2016. LHP finished 3rd overall behind Blair Academy (NJ) and Ohio powerhouse St. Edward's. The Highlanders had no champs ... Joey Silva falling to #1 pound-for-pound Spencer Lee (PA) 7-3 in the finals at 126 was as close as they would come. But the Highlanders put 7 on the podium and were competitive for the top team spot throughout the tournament. Chauvin was 5th at 106, Brindley was 5th at 145, Bele was 8th at 152, Byelick was 5th at 160, Rogers was 5th at 170, and Goldin was 7th at 220. Castillo, Wohltman, Cosmides, and Ruff all wrestled well, but each failed to find the podium. Florida had 2 others placers ... Anthony Artalona was 6th at 152 and Grant Aronoff of St Thomas Aquinas was 4th at 138. Bryce Marcus and Ben Buhler wrestled well, but failed to place. Wohlabaugh, the top seed at 160, won his first 2 matches and then forfeited out of the tournament at the quarterfinal match. I'm assuming Wohlabaugh was injured, but we do not know any details.
Jim Graves Invitational at Brandon (FL)
As always, the Graves tournament attracts many of the best teams in the Southeast into the Tampa-area for a great two days of wrestling. Georgia powerhouse, Camden County, once again showed why they are amongst the top teams in the Southeast. Beating defending Florida 3A State Champs South Dade, Florida 2A State Champs Brandon, Florida 3A power Miami Southwest, and fellow Georgia power Woodland for the team title. Add in a very tough Wellington (FL) and Hoover (AL) squads and you have the makings for a grind of a tournament. A quick weight by weight breakdown follows ... if you are interested in the brackets they can be found on trackwrestling.
106-120: South Dade freshman Bretli Reyna won pool A and then beat fellow Buc Luis Pedraza and Camden's Nicholas Krug to take the title. Woodland's Gavin Nix was 4th. 113 was probably the best weight of the tournament ... featuring four of the best 113's in the SE - Elijah Varona of South Dade, Kyle Gollhofer of Woodland, Trey Lane of Brandon, and Tyler Crew of Camden. Varona beat Crew 17-9 to take Pool A and then beat Pool B runner-up Trey Lane 9-4 and Pool B Champ Kyle Gollhofer 5-2 for the 113 pound title. Gollhofer beat Lane 9-4 in Pool B and Crew 7-2 in the championship bracket. Lane beat Crew 1-0 UTB to take 3rd. Southwest's Julian Hernandez was 5th. Camden's Brandon Orum continued his unbeaten streak with a dominating performance at 120. Orum won Pool B with ease and then teched Zack Luis Southwest in the championship semifinals before beating Tyler Orta of South Dade 7-4 in the finals. Robert Saldarriga of Wellington finished 2nd in Pool B (to Orum), lost to Orta, but bounced back to take 3rd with a 3-2 win over Luis. Clearwater Central Catholic's Alexande Prunoske was 5th.
126-138: Wellington's Jared Abramson continued his stellar 2016-2017 season with the title at 126. Abramson followed up his H-Town title by beating Brandon's Andreus Bond 2-1 to take Pool A. He then beat Woodland's Vinnie Rosati 6-3 in the semifinals and South Dade's Arie Reyes 10-2 in the finals to take the title. Bond Lost 3-1 to Reyes in the other semifinal, but bounced back and took 3rd with a fall over Rosati. Camden's Jeffrey Bell bounced back from an earlier loss to Lennard Hunter Lefevre to beat him for 5th. Southwest's Alex Uriquiza is on an absolute tear and easily took the 132 lb. title. Uriquiza pinned his way through Pool A and then pinned South Dade's Alyis Mursuil in the semi's before finally going to distance in the finals opposite Lucas Nelson of Camden. Uriquiza took the title with a 12-3 major decision over Nelson. Mursuli pinned Lowndes' Jackson Lawson for 3rd. Wellington's Tyler Difiore probably should have been the 4 seed ... he took 5th with ease and his two losses came to Nelson and Mursuli in very competitive matches. 138 was another weight that was fantastic from top to bottom. Southwest's Franco Valdes won Pool B and Camden's Raydan Wilder won Pool A ... each took care of their semifinal to setup a great finals match. Valdes took the title with a fall in overtime. Woodland's Dawson Woods downed Hoover's Patterson Huff 5-0 to take 3rd. South Dade's Joel Ramirez was 5th. How tough would have 138 been in Cullen Telfer had competed?
145-160: Denton Spencer and Brevin Balmaceda on the same side of the bracket ... Brandon's Noah Ridley was on the other at 145. Ridley easily took the Pool A top spot, but fell in a 10-0 major decision to Balmaceda in the championship semifinals. Balmaceda and Spencer got the opportunity to go at it twice ... with Spencer winning Pool B with a 7-4 decision and taking the title with a similar 7-1 decision. Ridley majored Chas Waller of Strawberry Crest 19-5 to take 3rd. Wellington's Eric Reid was 5th. Camden added another title at 152 when Bryce Crew took the Pool A top spot with ease (all pins except for an 8-2 decision) and then beat Newsome's Joe Lebarre 3-0 before taking out South Dade's Todd Perry by fall in the finals. LeBarre beat Brandon's Elier Cruz 7-0 to take 3rd. Lowndes' Jose Gallegos was 5th. 160 was another very good weight class and Southwest's Angel Delcueto handled it with relative ease ... although we still would have liked to see him and Cody Cochran of Woodland in match. Cochran easily took Pool A (4 1st period falls) and Delcueto and Camden's Anthony Carter were 1-2 in Pool B. Stewart beat Cochran 6-4 in the semifinals to setup a rematch with Delcueto. Delcueto hammered Brandon's Brett Estep in the other semifinal before downing Stewart again, this time 6-2, for the title. Cochran finished 3rd.
170-195: Camden's Bunmi Smith easily took the title at 170. Smith took the Pool A top spot and Lake Brantley's Nathan Ferkovich took the top spot in Pool B. Smith beat Ferkovich 10-1 for the title. Southwest's Jorge Benitez pinned Brandon's Austin Deffenbaugh for 3rd. Pool B looked significantly tougher than Pool A (in the 4 head-to-head matchups outside of Pool action ... Pool B won 3 of them ... Smith was the only winner for Pool A). Brandon's Alex Popke beat Camden's RJ Woodard 3-1 to take the title at 182. Devon McMinns of Seminole Ridge was 3rd. Camden's Antonio Stewart beat Hoover's D'Angelo Dewitt 8-0 to take the 195 lb. title. Southwest's Ulysses Fernandez was 3rd. Would like to have seen Joe Marcano and Stewart at 195, but Marcano didn't compete.
220-285: Defending Florida 3A State Champ Chei Hill beat Hunter Hardin of Woodland to take the Pool A top spot (Hardin was the only wrestler to not get pinned by Hill - instead losing 11-5). Hill pinned Dunbar's Judas McKenzie to take the 220 lb. title. Hardin, who lost to McKenzie in the semi's, pinned Southwest's Michael Mireles for 3rd. Camden's Chris Jackson pinned Brandon's Josh Santana to take 5th. Defending Florida 3A State Champ Kyron Taylor pinned his way through Pool A before beating Strawberry Crest's DJ Tice 5-2 and Camden's Andre Bissainthe 3-1 to take the title. Camden's Kobu Grady beat Tice 4-1 to take 3rd.
2016 US Army Indian Classic at Dobyns Bennett (TN)
Team Scores (top 10):
- Independence (WV) 185.0
- Commerce (GA) 162.5
- Bremen (GA) 157.0
- Parkersburg (WV) 150.0
- Eastern View (VA) 136.5
- Archer (GA) 120.0
- Tennessee High (TN) 118.0
- Cave Springs (VA) 113.0
- Enka (NC) 109.5
- Northwest Whitfield (GA) 104.0
106-120: Thompson's (AL) Sam Latona emerged from the 4 seed to hammer the 106 lb. field. Latona had an 18-6 major decision over Enka's Corbin Dion in the quarters, a 9-1 major decision over Notre Dame's (TN) Jeremy Holloway, the top seed, in the semi's and a 12-4 major decision over Eastern View's Johnny Laird, the #2 seed, in the finals. Latona's seeding at #4 was suspect ... one of the greatest reasons he wasn't a state placer last season was due to his size. Holloway pinned Abingdon's (VA) Jack Newton for 3rd. Tennessee 3A State Placer (at 106) Trent Nelson of Tennessee won a serious of close matches to emerge as the 113 lb. champion. Nelson beat Thompson's (AL) Chandler Akins 4-3 in the quarters, then downed Christopher Oaks of Bremen 15-5 in the semi's before outlasting North Carolina State Placer Melvin Rubio of Enka 4-3 in the finals. Akins rebounded from his loss to Nelson to take 3rd. Bremen's (GA) Keegan Smith looked fantastic en route to the top spot at 120 lbs. Smith had 2 consecutive 16-0 technical falls before downing #2 seed Liam Lusher of Independence (WV) 8-2 in the finals. Tennessee's Dillon Pendley bounced back from a quarterfinal loss to take 3rd.
126-138: 2x Alabama State Champion Gabe Hixenbaugh of Thompson continued his roll through the competition this season (he won a stacked 126 lb. weight class last week at the Border Wars in Florida). Hixenbaugh had a 20-4 tech fall, and 2 falls before downing Parkersburg's John Mark Best 8-1 in the finals at 126. Tennessee 3A State Runner-up Calvin Martin avenged an early tournament loss to Tampa Jesuit's Matt Daner to take 3rd (Daner beat Martin 4-3 in the quarters and then Martin beat Daner 8-3 in the consolation finals). Here comes the freshman ... Florida has several outstanding freshman wrestling this season - none more outstanding than Ethan Basile of Tampa Jesuit. Basile, unseeded, beat top seeded Edward Warwick of Notre Dame, a 2016 Tennessee State Placer, 5-1 in the 2nd round, then beat Ashley Ridge's (SC) Robert Cameron 8-3 and Pigeon Forge's Gavin Hutchens 7-5 to advance to the finals. Basile downed Alabama State Placer Blake Randle of Oak Mountain 7-2 to take the top spot at 132. Cameron beat Hutchens 5-0 to take 3rd. Parkersburg's Jared Donahue, the top seed at 138, had 2 falls and a 5-2 decision before shutting out Archer's Gavin Smith, a Georgia State Placer, 4-0 to take the title at 138. Smith downed North Carolina 3A State Runner-up Phil Daub of Enka 10-8 sv in the bottom semifinal ... Daub would destroy everyone in the consolations en route to 3rd.
145-160: Grundy's (VA) Jacob McNutt, the 3 seed, downed Archer's (GA) Logan Smith 3-1 in the quarters, Tennessee's Dewey Pendley 13-6 in the semi's, and Independence's (WV) Connor Gibson 3-2 in the finals to claim the 145 lb. title. Josh Baier of Cave Springs, the top seed at 145, lost to Gibson in the semi's, but bounced back to take 3rd by beating Pendley 3-1 i nthe consolation finals. Eastern View's (VA) Matt Laird downed Ringgold's (GA) Griffin Green 5-0 to take the 152 lb. top spot. Laird and Green were the top two seeds. Archer's Peter Myndresku bounced back after falling to Laird in the quarters to take 3rd. It would be an All-Georgia final at 160 as Class 1A State Champion Owen Brown of Commerce downed Class 2A Champion Drew Cook 1-0 for the 160 lb. title. Alabama State Runner-up Barrett Blakely of Oak Mountain, the 4 seed, lost to Malik Sallah of Cave Springs in the quarters, but beat him 5-3 sv1 in the consolation finals to take 3rd.
170-195: 170 saw another All-Georgia final and another Commerce vs. Bremen matchup. This time, Bremen's Noah Liles, the 2 seed, downed Chase Forrester, the 1 seed, of Commerce 7-5 to take the 170 lb. title. Tennessee 3A State Placer Dawson Satterfield of William Blount, the 4 seed, fell to Forrester 15-9 in the top semi's, but rebounded to take 3rd with a 9-4 decision over Eastern View's Kaden Woodward, the 3 seed. Commerce's Cole Chancey dominated the 182 lb. bracket en route to the title. Chancey had 2 falls under a minute, a injury default in the semi's before downing Tennessee State Placer Hunter Fortner of Gibbs 11-1 in the finals. Enka's Tanner Revis fell to Fortner in the quarters, but bounced back to take 3rd with a 6-5 decision over Independence's Adam Daniels. The fans missed out on a good one in the 195 lb. final as top seed Jacob Hart of Independence forfeited to Cave Springs' Noah Bushman. Both wrestlers easily handled their sides of the bracket and the final promised to be a good one. Tennessee Jeremy Spangler of Tennessee High pinned Northwest Whitfield's (GA) Jordan Lewis to take 3rd.
220-285: 220 was easily the best weight class of the tournament and could have been the best bracket of anywhere in the Southeast this past weekend. Independence's Noah Adams easily took care of the top side, which included Georgia 1A State Champion Knox Allen of Commerce, and then beat Archer's Quinn Miller, a University of Virginia commit, 3-0 in the finals. South Carolina State Champion Owen Trephan downed Georgia State Champion Chris Henderson of Ridgeland 3-2 in the 3rd quarterfinal and then Trephan fell to Miller 5-4 in the bottom semifinal. Henderson rebounded from the loss to Trephan to take 3rd ... pinning Heritage's Javier Salvador in the consolation finals. Bremen's Paul Robinson pinned Commerce's Cade Ridley to claim the 285 lb. title. Michael Robles of Northwest Whitfield and Ringgold's Enrique Maravilla made it an all-Georgia semifinal. Robinson pinned Robles and Ridley pinned Maravilla. Maravilla pinned Robles to take 3rd.
No results have been posted. Mark Joiner took some great pics here.
Coosa River Clash at Gadsden City
- Southside 493.0
- Bob Jones 479.5
- Spain Park 363.0
- Athens 312.0
- Clay-Chalkville 312.0
- Oxford 309.5
- Pell City 268.5
- Center Point 260.0
- Chelsea 259.5
- Fort Payne 259.0
Full results can be found on trackwrestling
- 106 Andrew Smith (Southside) 15-0, Jr. over Jack Rivers (Spain Park) 10-2, So. (Dec 5-3).
- 113 Brantley Ledbetter (Chelsea) 10-3, Jr. over KEVIN MCGHAW (Bob Jones) 12-3, Jr. (SV-1 3-1).
- 120 Jacob Smith (Southside) 14-1, Sr. over Ivan Arguello (Rome) 4-2, . (Dec 11-6).
- 126 PARKER SNYDER (Bob Jones) 8-0, Jr. over GAVEN PUDLIK (Spain Park) 8-2, So. (Dec 3-0).
- 132 Colin Edwards (Southside) 12-3, Jr. over LUKE BLALOCK (Clay-Chalkville) 4-1, Fr. (Fall 5:05).
- 138 Sam Colvin (Southside) 15-1, Sr. over DAISHUN MITCHELL (Bob Jones) 11-3, Sr. (MD 12-3).
- 145 Logan Farmer (Athens) 6-0, Fr. over Carson Lindsey (Oxford) 13-4, Jr. (Fall 4:52).
- 152 Landon Thompson (Southside) 14-1, Sr. over CAL FRANCOVITCH (Bob Jones) 7-5, So. (Fall 1:20).
- 160 Matt King (Oxford) 5-0, . over SAM INGRAM (Chelsea) 11-2, So. (Fall 0:48).
- 170 GEORGE FRANCOVITCH (Bob Jones) 11-1, So. over ISAIAH MCDOUGAL (Columbia) 12-3, Jr. (Fall 1:32).
- 182 Thomas Carter (Athens) 5-0, Jr. over Johon Peavy (Oxford) 4-1, Sr. (Fall 3:48).
- 195 MANNY ALLAN (Spain Park) 12-0, Sr. over THAD Jackson PRATER (Athens) 3-1, Sr. (Dec 10-4).
- 220 JACKSON JONES (Clay-Chalkville) 5-0, So. over DANGELO HUMPHREY (Columbia) 7-5, Sr. (Fall 0:46).
- 285 Brock Barrontine (Fort Payne) 13-3, Sr. over DJ Adams (Sparkman) 8-2, Jr. (Dec 2-1).
2016 Gene Taylor Memorial at Weaver
One of the best tournaments in Alabama this past weekend. The Gene Taylor Memorial tournament always attracts many of the top small schools in Alabama and is one of the tournaments that serves as a measuring stick for rankings as we move further into the season. Full brackets can be found on trackwrestling
On paper, Tallassee returns a very strong squad and they should that they are a force to be reckoned with in taking the title over runner-up Weaver by 26 points. Defending 1A-5A Champs, Leeds, were 8th and perennial power Madison County was 7th. It is early, but Tallassee has show nthey are ready to make a run in 2016-2017.
Team Scores (top 10):
- Tallassee 183.0
- Weaver 157.0
- Alexandria 143.5
- Holtville 131.0
- Cleburne County 113.5
- Susan Moore 103.0
- Madison County 98.0
- Leeds 97.5
- Scottsboro 89.0
- Elmore County 82.0
- 106 Jaden New (Alexandria) 12-0, 7th. over Cody Souder (Weaver) 12-3, 8th. (Fall 0:00).
- 113 Dylan Turner (Cleburne County) 11-1, Jr. over Will Jefcoat (Leeds) 6-1, So. (Dec 9-2).
- 120 John Mcalpin (Scottsboro) 14-0, Jr. over Fletcher Swindall (Alexandria) 11-1, So. (Fall 5:56).
- 126 Nick Souder (Weaver) 15-0, Sr. over Brantley Mchugh (Madison County) 11-1, Jr. (MD 10-2).
- 132 Jordan Price (Tallassee) 11-1, Sr. over Zeke Smotherman (Madison County) 8-3, Fr. (Dec 2-0).
- 138 Zachary Williamson (Cleburne County) 12-0, Fr. over Gannon Womack (Alexandria) 10-2, Sr. (Dec 8-4).
- 145 Brady Richardson (Holtville) 16-0, Jr. over Chandler Teems (Leeds) 6-1, Sr. (Dec 5-4).
- 152 Kolton Clark (Scottsboro) 14-0, So. over Cody Gibson (Holtville) 14-2, Sr. (Fall 1:45).
- 160 Channing Marmann (Deshler) 3-0, So. over Peyton Johnson (Holtville) 13-2, Sr. (Dec 5-4).
- 170 Kyle Clapper (Weaver) 14-1, Sr. over Kiwanis Woods (Tallassee) 7-2, Jr. (Fall 2:43).
- 182 Chrisitan Knop (Alexandria) 12-0, So. over Monquavius Ricks (Deshler) 3-1, Jr. (Fall 2:29).
- 195 Andy Baker (Tallassee) 11-1, So. over Cade Smith (Cleburne County) 10-1, So. (Fall 4:48).
- 220 Caleb Montgomery (Ohatchee ) 7-0, Sr. over Caleb Russell (Weaver) 12-3, So. (Fall 1:32).
- 285 Sean caleb Allison (Weaver) 5-0, So. over Jordan Brooks (Saks) 6-1, Jr. (SV-1 3-1).
- 106 Trinity Robertson (Susan Moore) 9-2, Fr. over Quinton Jeter (Tallassee) 10-3, So. (Fall 3:43).
- 113 Zack Haynes (Tallassee) 12-1, Fr. over Bailey Henry (Ranburne) 9-5, So. (Fall 1:45).
- 120 Kage Robertson (Susan Moore) 15-2, Jr. over Jonovan Miller (Tallassee) 11-3, So. (Dec 4-1).
- 126 River Hughes (Leeds) 4-3, So. over Trace Wall (Elmore County) 12-2, Sr. (Dec 14-7).
- 132 Trent Mitchell (Cedartown) 10-7, Fr. over Adam Foote (Madison County) 4-2, . (Fall 0:43).
- 138 Tracy Strouse (Elmore County) 11-1, Sr. over Corbin Smith (Holtville) 8-2, Jr. (Fall 3:21).
- 145 Drake Monroe (Weaver) 12-4, So. over Bruin Hathcock (Tallassee) 3-3, Fr. (Dec 13-6).
- 152 Aaron Whittaker (Alexandria) 11-2, Jr. over Rio Reyes (Tallassee) 9-3, So. (For.).
- 160 Rodney Reddick (Saks) 6-3, Sr. over Jeb Ballard (Elmore County) 8-5, Sr. (Fall 4:03).
- 170 Damien Ramirez (Scottsboro) 4-1, . over Devionte Garrett (Saks) 7-2, Sr. (MD 10-1).
- 182 Stephen White (Madison County) 8-4, So. over Julian Calderon (Susan Moore) 14-5, Jr. (Fall 4:16).
- 195 Slater Fuller (Deshler) 4-1, Sr. over Anthony Cervantes (Susan Moore) 11-4, Fr. (Fall 1:00).
- 220 Ross Thompson (Susan Moore) 11-6, Jr. over Levi Ledbetter (Ranburne) 7-6, So. (Dec 7-2).
- 285 Nathan Smith (Holtville) 4-1, Sr. over Michael Guionnaud (Elmore County) 11-3, Sr. (Fall 4:29).
Spartan Invitational at Mountain Brook
Team Scores (top 10):
- Vestavia 481.0
- Mountain Brook 464.0
- Huntsville 417.0
- Maryville 396.0
- Tuscaloosa Co 396.0
- Thompson "B" 345.0
- Jemison 314.0
- Oak mountain "B" 207.0
- Florence 197.0
- Hoover "B" 195.0
- 106 Jailen Young (Jemison ) 10-1, Sr. over JOHN PANKEY (Mountain Brook) 14-5, Jr. (Dec 11-6).
- 113 Agustin Gonzalez (Tuscaloosa Co) 13-2, Jr. over BRYANT SEGARS (Vestavia) 13-9, Fr. (Dec 2-1).
- 120 colby mccall (Maryville ) 8-3, Fr. over SETH GATLIN (Thompson) 10-3, So. (MD 10-2).
- 126 Caleb Hodges (Tuscaloosa Co) 15-1, Sr. over R. L. ENGLAND (Mountain Brook) 11-3, Jr. (Dec 5-0).
- 132 JAWAUN DOUGHTY (Huntsville) 17-0, Sr. over GARY BALTZ (Mountain Brook) 17-3, Sr. (Dec 3-0).
- 138 ISIAH FRANKLIN (Jemison ) 14-3, Jr. over CHRIS VILLARREAL (Huntsville) 13-3, Jr. (MD 13-5).
- 145 Logan Fuson (Maryville ) 10-1, Sr. over COLE WILLIAMS (Huntsville) 11-3, So. (Fall 1:45).
- 152 HOUSTON CURTIS (Huntsville) 16-1, Sr. over PETER DAZZIO (Vestavia) 15-4, So. (Fall 1:46).
- 160 SHON`DERIOUS SPRALLING (Jemison ) 12-1, Sr. over JAMES HOPPER (Vestavia) 9-6, Jr. (Dec 7-0).
- 170 CONNOR MCMEANS (Florence) 5-1, Sr. over Justin Wilder (Tuscaloosa Co) 7-4, So. (Fall 3:30).
- 182 ROB BARRENTINE (Vestavia) 18-4, So. over Will Pitman (Mountain Brook) 14-5, Sr. (Fall 1:02).
- 195 JAEGER CLARK (Huntsville) 16-0, Jr. over Hunter Price (Maryville ) 7-1, Sr. (Fall 2:57).
- 220 HAYDEN MCDONALD (Mountain Brook) 17-2, So. over Ethan Collins (Maryville ) 10-1, Sr. (Fall 1:05).
- 285 DOUGLAS THOMPSON (Vestavia) 11-2, So. over SETH WHITLOCK (Thompson) 14-8, Jr. (Fall 1:34).
Swede Umbach at Auburn
Team Scores (top 10):
- Smiths Station High School 191.0
- Central 171.5
- Auburn High School 147.0
- Robert E. Lee High School 120.0
- Wetumpka High School 105.0
- Prattville High School 94.0
- Gulf Shores High School 88.0
- Ben Russell 66.0
- Ft Walton Beach High School 58.5
- Jefferson Davis High School 56.5
- 106 STUDD MORRIS (Central ) 10-0, Jr. over Stoney Childers (buckhorn) 9-3, Jr. (Fall 2:00).
- 113 Kobe Frazier (Jefferson Davis High School) 10-0, Sr. over Kedrick Hamilton (Robert E. Lee High School) 7-2, Jr. (TF-1.5 2:36 (16-0)).
- 120 MARK HURT (Central ) 12-2, Jr. over MATTHEW FOSHEE (Auburn High School) 9-2, So. (Dec 7-1).
- 126 Tyler Wilson (Smiths Station High School) 16-0, Sr. over Cole Blackwell (Wetumpka High School) 9-2, So. (Fall 2:00).
- 132 MAX KAUFFMAN (Central ) 10-0, So. over Marcus Boler (Auburn High School) 10-3, Jr. (Fall 1:11).
- 138 Zachary Van Alst (Montgomery Catholic) 15-0, Sr. over DILLON LUTTRELL (Smiths Station High School) 14-3, Jr. (TF-1.5 4:57 (23-6)).
- 145 ROBERT FRIEDENREICH (Auburn High School) 8-2, Sr. over MALIK REAKER (Robert E. Lee High School) 7-3, So. (MD 16-2).
- 152 DYLAN PEARSON (Auburn High School) 10-0, Fr. over Kaleb Fontenot (Smiths Station High School) 6-2, Sr. (Dec 8-3).
- 160 ROBERT MORALES (Central ) 10-0, Jr. over CHARLIE FREIDENREICH (Auburn High School) 12-3, Jr. (Fall 1:00).
- 170 ETHAN PIPPIN (Westminster Christian Academy) 3-0, Jr. over JALEN MCWHITE (Central ) 10-3, Jr. (Fall 4:57).
- 182 ZACK NOBLE (Prattville High School) 9-1, Sr. over TRENT BARRETT (Wetumpka High School) 5-1, Sr. (Dec 7-3).
- 195 AUSTIN PHILLIPS (Smiths Station High School) 15-1, Sr. over NOAH BARCLAY (Wetumpka High School) 3-1, So. (Fall 0:28).
- 220 JOHN ELLIS RAWLS (Wetumpka High School) 9-0, Sr. over ETHAN CULBERTSON (Smiths Station High School) 6-1, Fr. (Fall 2:57).
- 285 Dimitri Anderson (Auburn High School) 15-1, Jr. over CONNOR KNIGHT (Prattville High School) 8-2, Sr. (Dec 11-5).
Santaluces Holiday Tournament
Team Scores (top 10):
- Cardinal Gibbons 226.00
- Park Vista 175.50
- Olympic Heights 144.00
- Lely 130.00
- Cooper City 107.00
- Treasure Coast 106.00
- Jupiter Christian 98.50
- Santaluces 89.50
- Boca Raton 88.50
- South Broward 86.50
106-120: Top seed Anthony Valverde of South Broward ran through the 106 lb. bracket with few problems ... earning 3 falls and an injury default - including a fall over unseeded Anthony Limauro of Suncoast in the the finals. Limauro, for his part, was also stellar. He had 4 falls, including one over #2 seed David Colton of Jupiter in the quarters, before losing to Valverde in the finals. John James Yancey, the #4 seed, of Cardinal Gibbons rebounded from his semifinal loss to Valverde to down Spanish River's Mikey Goldstein for 3rd. The Valverde train continued, as Andrew hammered the 113 lb. bracket en route to the top spot. Andrew Valverde pinned unseeded Park Vista's Joseph Williams for the title. Williams took out the #3 seed Anthony Donath of Vero Beach and #2 seed Jed Huercamp on his way to the finals. Cooper City's Nick Luna, the 4 seed, downed Huercamp for 3rd. Park Vista's Sean Campbell continued the string of top seeds dominating ... he had 3 falls and a major decision win in the finals over unseeded Damian Swint of Atlantic for the top spot at 120. West Boca's Kevin Estevez, the 2 seed, bounced back from an early loss to Swint to take 3rd.
126-138: Santaluces' Mike Medio broke the string of top seeds dominating as he came from an unseeded position to take the 126 lb. title. Medio knock off #3 seed Brandon Moreau of Gibbons and #2 seed Marcus Dela Rosa of Park Vista en route to the finals. Medio downed Olympic Heights' Chance Scott to take the top spot. Top seeded Eric Barnes of Jupiter Christian rebounded from his loss to Scott in the semifinals to take 3rd. Another unseeded wrestler grabbed the title at 132. Olympic Heights' Nick Kratka downed each of the top 3 seeds en route to the top spot ... first beating #2 seed Shane Keating of Park Vista, #3 seed Kyle Thompson of Cooper City in the semi's and then top seed Gabriel Gibson of Gibbons in the finals. Thompson beat Jupiter's Gannon Gardner to take 3rd. Josh Sheldon, also unseeded, had 3 falls and a decision win to take the top spot at 138. Sheldon took out both #3 seed Vince Costello of Treasure coast and #2 seed Allen Bryant of Gibbons on the bottom side of the bracket before winning by fall over #4 seed Ian Scheiss of Palm Beach Gardens in the finals. Costello beat Bryant to take 3rd. Also of note, top seed Nick Peglow of Olympic Heights forfeited in the quarters.
145-160: #2 seed Kayhan Peksen of Lely claimed the top spot at 145 with a decision victory over unseeded Ty Warner of Martin County. Warner beat both the 4 seed Nadird Odar of South Broward and top seed Amedeus Concepcion of Gibbons en route to the finals. Concepcion rebounded from his semifinal loss to take 3rd. West Boca's Eric Lentz took out both the top seed Adonis Concepcion of Gibbons and the #2 seed Luke Pidgeon of Palm Beach Gardens to take the top spot at 152. Cooper City's Connor Jones, the 3 seed, rebounded from a quarterfinal loss to take 3rd. Top seed Ozzy Ley of Gibbons dominated the 160 lb. weight class en route to the top step. Ley had 2 falls and a major decision victory before earning a tech fall win over #2 seed Marlon Moreta of Lely in the finals. Boca Raton's Nicholas Pacitto, unseeded, rebounded from his loss to Ley to take 3rd.
170-195: Sam Cannova, the 2 seed, of Somerset Canyons had 3 falls (and a forfeit) en route to the top spot at 170. He took out top seed Johnathan Campos of Gibbons in the finals. #3 seed Prince Hall of Jupiter Christian rebounded from his semifinal loss to Cannova to take 3rd. Not surprisingly, Michael Lopouchanski of Gibbons dominated the 182 lb. weight class with 2 falls, a tech fall, and a major decision win to take the top spot. West Boca's Alex Bordeau, the 2 seed, was 2nd, and Matt Spero of Park Vista, the 3 seed, was 3rd. Returning 1A State Runner-up Chris Williams of Gibbons, the top seed at 195, had a fall, tech fall, and a decision victory en route to the finals. Williams pinned Troy Jaffy of Olympic Heights, the 3 seed, to take the top spot. Palm Beach Gardens' Eric Jones, who lost by decision to Williams in the top semifinal, was 3rd.
220-285: #2 seed Kyven Higgins of Jupiter Christian earned a decision win over #3 seed Johan Alberqueque of John I Leonard in the semi's and a decision win over unseeded Dante Lang of Boca Raton in the finals. Alberqueque downed Santalcues' Lesly Pierre to take 3rd. Both wrestlers took out top seed Adam Fox of Gibbons ... Pierre in the quarters and Alberqueque in the consolation semifinals. #4 Jeff Brown of Park Vista had falls over top seed Enrique Otero of Olympic Heights (semifinals) and #2 seed William Laziman of Vero Beach (finals) to take the top spot at 285. Treasure Coast's Bautista Bragado wrestled back from a quarterfinal loss to Otero to take 3rd.
Capital City Classic at Chiles
Team Scores (top 10):
- Somerset (SOM) 249.0
- Florida High (FH) 214.5
- Lincoln (LIN) 199.0
- Wakulla (WAK) 194.0
- Suwannee (SUW) 190.0
- Columbia (COL) 126.0
- Arnold (ARN) 122.0
- Niceville (NIC) 117.0
- Bishop Kenny (BK) 105.0
- Pace (PACE) 94.0
Championship Finals (seeds in parentheses):
- 106 (1) Brandon Trask (SUW) dec. (2) Matthew Rodriguez (University Christian), 5-1
- 113 (1) Daniel Porter (University Christian) dec. (3) Mark Munroe (LIN), 8-3
- 120 (2) Lucas Willis (SOM) pin (1) Larry Smith (WAK), 3:30
- 126 (1) Chace Curtis (COL) dec. (2) Ethan Pickren (ARN), 3-1
- 132 (1) William Pickren (ARN) pin (2) Bryan Metcalf (FH), 3:23
- 138 (3) Daniel Valledor (SOM) md. Duncan Weaver (FH), 12-3
- 145 (1) Jake Richardson (FH) pin (2) Joey Borrell (SUW)
- 152 (3) Tanner Clark (SUW) dec. (4) Max Martinez (Marianna), 10-9
- 160 (1) Justin Grant (LIN) dec. (3) Nick Benton (SOM), 8-4
- 170 (1) Raul Gierbolini (SOM) md. (3) Dalton Childs (Mosley), 16-4
- 182 (1) Will Haigler (FH) dec. (3) Juan Vernaza (SOM), 3-2
- 195 (1) Henry Segura (Leon) dec. Jahsair Patterson (CRO), 10-4
- 220 (2) Josh Martin (LIN) dec. (1) Bobby Williams (Chiles), 10-3
- 285 (2) Darrius Wilkins (WAK) won by forfeit over (1) Jacob Marin (WAK)
- 106 (4) Matthew Owen (Wakulla) pin (3) Brooks Dyer (Florida High), 2:31
- 113 (2) Dominic Cerillo (NIC) md Tyler Ogles (SUW), 11-3
- 120 (3) Jack Delaney (BK) dec. Darin Estevez (SOM), 6-4
- 126 (4) Max Owen (WAK) dec. Max Metcalf (FH), 4-2
- 132 (3) Jaquan English (Raines) pin Matt Ross (COL), 0:56
- 138 Julian Borrell (SUW) pin (2) Max Harris (FH), 1:32
- 145 Eric Temes (SOM) dec. (3) Austin Nolan (Chiles), 7-3
- 152 (2) Vinnie Blasucci (SOM) dec. Jeremy Burke (LIN), 1-0
- 160 (4) Jack Johnson (NIC) dec. (2) Billy Jenkins (SUW), 5-3
- 170 (4) James Billhimer (Pace) dec. Nick Beenan (BK), 4-3
- 182 Cole Maddox (ARN) pin (2) JT Grant (Leon), 4:51
- 195 (3) Kihaviyan Nettles (Pace) dec. Daniel Miranda (SOM), 3-2
- 220 (3) Chayton Bussey (WAK) pin Darrius Pena (NIC), 4:56
- 285 (3) Josiah McCallum (BK) pin (4) Thomas Moss (LIN), 4:49
Captain Archer at Charlotte
Riverdale and Venice each crowned 3 individual champions, but it was Riverdale's 3 runner-up finishes and 2 3rd place finishes that proved the difference. Charlotte and Palmetto Ridge each failed to crown an individual champion, but finished 3rd and 4th, respectively, based on the strength of their overall team effort. Dixie Hollins had 2 individual champs and finished 5th. Nine different teams crowned an individual champion in one of the toughest tournaments in Southwest Florida ... certainly one of the longest running tournaments in Florida.
106-120: Top seed Matthew Malavsky of Evangelical Christian had to grind his way to the top of the 106 lb. podium. He beat Riverdale's Tajh Clayton 6-2, Charlotte's Donnie Cataldi 10-7 before beating #3 seed Travis Murway of Palmetto 5-0 in the finals. Cataldi beat unseeded Jack Van Dam of Barron Collier for 3rd. Riverdale's Lleyton Taylor, the top seed at 113, had a fall, a 12-0 major decision and an 8-0 major decision over #3 Ben McAllister of Palmetto Ridge to take the 113 lb. title. Charlotte's TJ Gerde, the #2 seed, pinned Venice's Tyler Conway to take 3rd. Ft. Myers fabolous freshman Chris Rivera ran through the 120 lb. bracket ... winning by a 17-1 tech fall, a 57 second fall, a 14-1 major decision and a 1st period pin over Caleb Cavanaugh of Riverdale in the finals. Top seed Albert Werden of Lemon Bay pinned Gulf Coast's Dean Nunziato for 3rd.
126-138: Top seed Drew Harrington made quick work of the 126 field. Harrington earned a 15-0 tech fall and a 21-8 major decision before downing Riverdale's Coleby Barnes, the 3 seed, 17-4 in the finals. Palmetto Ridge's Ryne Rosenbalm, the 2 seed, downed 4 seed Bradley Fuson of Lemon Bay 13-6 to take 3rd. Venice's Dan Stone, the top seed at 132, had 3 falls en route to the top step ... including a 1st period fall of Charlotte's Matthew Gjerde in the finals. Kyven Garcia, the 3 seed, beat 4 seed Mathew Guitard 6-0 to take 3rd. Mariner's Christian Minto earned the tournament's outstanding wrestler award after winning a tough 138 lb. bracket. Minto downed Riverdale's Terrence Clayton 8-2 in the semi's and Dunedin's Grant Cardwell 9-2 in the finals. Clayton took 3rd after George Zertopoulis of Palmetto Ridge forfeited in the consolation finals.
145-160: Jalen Soto of Cypress Lake downed Palmetto Ridge's Colby Singletary 5-0 to take the top spot at 145. #3 seed Nelson Ortiz of Riverdale, who lost 9-6 to Singletary, downed Mariner's Kelvin Gonzalez 5-2 to take 3rd. #2 seed Jesse Martinez destroyed the bottom half of the bracket and then downed top seed Jacob Mathis of Venice 6-0 to take the top spot at 152. Dunedin's Josh Felix downed Anthony Cavanaugh of Charlotte 13-7 to take 3rd. Riverdale's Hunter Weeks downed Dominic Bass of Palmetto 8-3 to take the top spot at 160. #4 seed Noah Lopez of Barron Collier pinned #4 seed Dixie Hollins' Brandon Busch to take 3rd.
170-195: Venice's Luke Veigel downed Charlotte's Jose Valdez 3-2 in the top semifinal and Jermaine Teague of Cypress Lake 4-3 in the finals to take the top spot at 170. Palmetto Ridge's Joey Parmenter, who lost to Teague 2-1 in the bottom semifinal, downed Jose Valdez 4-2 to take 3rd. Barron Collier's Jack Simpson downed Brian Gimenez of Cypress Lake 6-3 to take the top spot at 182. North Ft. Myers' Logan Snukis decisioned Winston Buckley of Port Charlotte for 3rd. #2 seed Nickolas Perovic of Gulf Coast downed Isaiha Torres, the top seed, of East Lake 5-3 to take the top spot at 220. Tyler Todd of Cape Coral was 3rd.
220-285: Venice Kyle Johnson, the top seed at 220, had 3 falls and then a 8-2 decision over Riverdale's Jacob Stanbro to take the title at 220. Jean Malivert of Cypress Lake, the 4 seed, downed Jamey Vasquez of Ft Myers 13-6 to take 3rd. Jesse Smith of Dixie Hollins downed #3 seed Adolphus Taylor of North Ft Myers 3-2 in overtime to take the 285 lb. title. Palmetto's Brian Ormsby pinned Lemon Bay's Michael Morales at 3:06 to take 3rd.
35th Annual Kiwanis Invitational at Hernando
Team Scores (top 10):
- Robinson 139.5
- Springstead 138.0
- Boone 136.0
- Wesley Chapel 135.5
- Hernando 126.0
- Land O`Lakes 124.0
- Lake Highland Prep School 109.0
- Crystal River 99.0
- Citrus 97.0
- North Port H.S. 95.0
- 106 Jonathan Conrad (Carrollwood Day School (Tampa)) 4-0, 7th. over Tom Mccane (Springstead) 3-1, Jr. (Dec 6-2).
- 113 Jayden Bradshaw (Boone) 7-3, Jr. over Richie Rivera (Springstead) 3-1, Sr. (Fall 3:01).
- 120 Vincent Menozzi (Lake Highland Prep School) 8-0, So. over Alan Morano (St. Stephens Episcopal School) 6-2, Fr. (Dec 5-1).
- 126 Lucas Rodriguez (Boone) 12-0, Sr. over John DeAugustino (Pasco) 3-1, Jr. (Dec 5-2).
- 132 Kyle Irwin (Belleview) 12-0, Sr. over Zack Buchanan (Riverview (Sarasota)) 9-1, . (Dec 7-5).
- 138 Jacob Darr (Sickles) 9-0, Sr. over Hunter Gibson (Weeki Wachee) 9-3, Sr. (OT 3-1).
- 145 Emmanuel Torres (Wesley Chapel) 10-0, . over Jacob Conrad (Land O`Lakes) 10-2, So. (Dec 4-2).
- 152 Codey Maniates (Hernando) 11-1, Sr. over Logan Andrew (Lake Highland Prep School) 7-1, So. (Dec 7-5).
- 160 John Cruz (North Port H.S.) 9-0, Sr. over Jordan Gibson (Natures Coast Tech) 12-1, Sr. (Dec 7-2).
- 170 Travis Williams (Springstead) 5-0, Sr. over Josh Hagan (Citrus) 12-1, Jr. (Dec 7-0).
- 182 Brad Bolesta (Gaither) 5-0, Jr. over Hamid Salahutdin (Sickles) 3-2, Sr. (M. For.).
- 195 Michael Porcelli (Citrus) 13-0, Jr. over Justin Ortiz (Belleview) 10-2, Jr. (Fall 3:25).
- 220 Damien Hay (Hudson) 5-0, Fr. over Devin Jandura (Robinson) 6-2, So. (Dec 4-2).
- 285 Jason Graham (Crystal River) 11-1, Sr. over Masen Foss (Bradenton Christian HS) 4-1, Jr. (Dec 14-7).
Danny Byron Duals at Osceola
Osceola defeated jensen beach 48-22 to take the title, Harmony beat Apopka 39-39 to take 3rd. Full results can be found on trackwrestling
Top individuals included:
- 106 Chris Bustuli (Southridge)
- 113 Saul Mayorga (Osceola)
- 120 Malyke Hines (Osceola) and Marshall Craig (Manatee)
- 126 Luis Pena (Osceola) and Brian Rosa (Apopka)
- 132 Andrew Klopman (Jensen Beach) and Lucas Pancake (St Cloud)
- 138 Jose Cuevas (Osceola) and Alberto Mendoza (Southridge)
- 145 Kyle Kirkham (Jensen Beach) and Dylan Perrow (Palm Bay)
- 152 Blake Fuller (Osceola)
- 160 Bryce Poppell (Palm Bay) and Charles Small (Manatee)
- 170 Luis Rios (Southridge)
- 182 Matt Cates (Palm Bay) and Logan Celella (Apopka)
- 195 Zach Gallon (Apopka)
- 220 Matthew Simms (Apopka)
- 285 Nicholas Parsons (Osceola)
Fit2Win at Palm Harbor
We have no individual reports, but Andy Warrener wrote a nice article here.
Parlay Invitational at Allatoona
Team Scores (top 10):
- South Paulding 213
- Hillgrove 181.5
- Jackson County 177.5
- Cass 157
- Armuchee 155.5
- Pepperell 139
- Allatoona 134
- Etowah 84
- New Manchester 69
- Decatur 51
- 106: Top seed Jaycie Williams of Allatoona dec. #3 seed Nick Mills of Cass for the top spot. Armuchee's Cameron Espy beat Dustin Byers for 3rd.
- 113: Unseeded Ricky Roberto of Hillgrove beat #2 seed Landon Camp of Pepperell in the semi's and then beat Ben Mills of Cass to take the top spot. Camp was 3rd and top seed Riley Purdy of Armuchee was 4th.
- 120: Unseeded Wes Conley of Armuchee beat top seed Walker Byrd of Model for the top spot. #2 seed Zach Kinard, who lost to Conley in the semi's took 3rd.
- 126: #2 seed Daniel Byers of South Paulding knocked off top seed Colton Woods of Darlington to take the title. #4 seed Nate Hardy of Walton beat #3 seed Travis Kirton of Hillgrove for 3rd.
- 132: Top seed Will Moon had 3 falls, including one over Jacob Love of Jackson County in the finals. Decatur's Kaden Spann was 3rd.
- 138: Very good weight class - probably the best of the tournament. Jackson County's Chandler Saine beat Harrison Kemp of Allatoona in the semi's and then beat Caleb Powell of Hillgrove in the finals. Top seed Davis Peek of Darlington, who lost to Powell on the top side, beat Austin Seymour of South Paulding for 3rd.
- 145: South Paulding's Randy Carter, the top seed, downed #3 seed Jaxon Croy of Pepperell for the top spot. #2 seed Jaylen Callahan of Cass was 3rd.
- 152: Another very good weight class ... Allatoona's Cody Anderson beat Matthew Chucci of Loganville in the semi's and Etowah's Max Homyak in the finals to take the top spot. Homyak beat South Paulding's Ruston Robinson in the bottom semi's. Newman's Dashaun Miller-Kinard beat Devin Quinn of Walton for 3rd.
- 160: #4 seed Devin Terza of Hillgrove pinned #3 seed Skyler Shuman of Etowah for the top spot. Armuchee's Trace Daitz was 3rd. Daitz took out the top two seeds on his way back for 3rd.
- 170: South Paulding's Jake McTyre downed Houston Jones of Cass for the 170 lb. top spot. #2 seed Jake Ross of Pepperell was 3rd.
- 182: Armuchee's Jacob Henderson downed Etowah's Alex Pham for the top spot at 182. Jackson County's Davey Jennings, the #4 seed, took 3rd.
- 195: Tripp Breeden of Cass easily took the top spot at 195 ... 4 falls including a pin of #2 seed Raji Brown of South Paulding in the finals. Chase Patton of Hillgrove, the #3 seed, was 3rd.
- 220: Hillgrove's Ricardo Atkinson, the top seed, downed #2 seed Malcolm Spencer of Allatoona in the finals at 220. Armuchee's JC Burkett was 3rd.
- 285: Pepperell's Hinton Bollinger, the #2 seed, downed top seed Seven Richards of Cass to take the 285 lb. title. Bolinger also had a nice win over #3 seed Kobe Hicks of Hillgrove in the semi's. Dearis Wilson of Decatur beat Hicks to take 3rd.
South Metro at Alcovy
No brackets were provided.
Team Scores (top 10):
- Union Grove 307.5
- East Coweta 215
- Luella 212
- Ola 179.5
- Locust Grove 178
- Woodward 143.5
- Rockdale 143
- Upson Lee 103.5
- Whitewater 102
- Forest Park 94
- 106: Munsey (Whitewater)
- 113: Masters (Woodward)
- 120: Neace (Union Grove) - lightweight OW - Best Finals match with A. Rodrigues of Locust Grove
- 126: DiSario (Ola)
- 132: Fairley (Union Grove)
- 138: McDaniel (Union Grove)
- 145: Ruffin (Union Grove)
- 152: Berry (Luella)
- 160: Klinger (East Coweta) - heavyweight OW
- 170: East (Union Grove)
- 182: Leddon (Locust Grove)
- 195: Johnson (Union Grove)
- 220: Vinson (Union Grove)
- 285: Moore (Upson Lee)
Team Scores (top 10):
- Pope 196
- Gilmer County 191
- Colquitt County 173.5
- West Oak "A" 167
- Richmond Hill 141
- North Paulding 138
- Creekview 104
- Lee County 99
- Blessed Trinity 98.5
- Coffee County 85
106-120: Top seed Max Druhot of Pope pinned his way to the 106 lb. title - pinning Kaleb Anderson of Richmond Hill in the finals. Gilmer's Grayson Patterson was 3rd. West Oak's (SC) Justin Smith dominated the 113 lb. bracket with a pin a 15-0 tech and then pinned GA State Runner-up John Watts of Coffee County in the finals. #4 seed Jacob Starks pinned Zac Lester of North Paulding for 3rd. GA State Champ Koby Milner had 2 falls, a 15-2 decision and then a 12-2 major over unseeded Juan Alaniz of Lee County to take the 120 lb. title. Willy Allen of North Paulding pinned Jordan Lee of West Oak for 3rd.
126-138: Perhaps the best weight class of the tournament ... Creekview's Bryce Davis avenged an earlier loss to North Paulding's Bradley Bitting in the finals ... taking the title with a 3-1 decision. West Oak's Jared Smith rebounded from being DQ'd in his quarterfinal match to easily take 3rd. Pope added another title at 132, when freshman Troy Gable knocked off top seed Michael Mora-Colon of Alcoa 3-2 in the semifinals and then beat 3 seed Alex Hewgley of River Ridge 7-1 in the finals. West Oak's Matthew Williams fought back from an 8-4 quarterfinal loss to Mora-Colon to beat Mora-Colon 7-4 for 3rd. 4 seed Drew Dyer downed top seed Noah Kile of Blessed Trinity 5-4 in the top semifinal and then pinned 3 seed Will Evans of Richmond Hill to take the 138 lb. title. Kile beat Michael Castillo of Woodstock 16-0 to take 3rd.
145-160: Top seed Ben Martin of West Oak put in a workmanlike performance en route to the 145 lb. title. Martin won 4-2, 4-2, 6-0, and beat Zachary Corcoran of Cambridge 9-5 to take the top spot. #2 seed Max Tuch of Dunwoody forfeited out of the tournament in the quarters. Starr's Mill's Colin Kasler rebounded from a 1st round loss to win 6 in a row and take 3rd. #2 seed Victor Castanon had 2 falls and a 9-5 decision over top seed Grant Ledford of Gilmer to take the 152 lb. title. Lee County's Matthew Burner finished 3rd. Cambridge's Will Britain had 3 falls and a tough 11-7 win over Blessed Trinity's Vincent Baker to take the top spot at 160. #4 seed Kyle Cline of North Paulding pinned Grizzly (had to get that name in here) Breedlove to take 3rd.
170-195: Ian Darling, the top seed, of Starr's Mill had a quick fall and then an 11-0, 8-2, and 5-1 decision to take the top spot at 170. Darling beat Pope's Jordan Conley in the finals. Shelby Burnette of Colquitt County took 3rd. Gilmer's Matthew Waddell dominated a very tough 182 lb. bracket to take the title. Waddell beat defending State Champ Abe Elias of Pope 26-11 in the finals. Elias downed Creekview's Braden Johnson 5-2 in the bottom semifinal ... Johnson rebounded to take 3rd over Taylor Wilson of Richmond Hill. Dunwoody's Constantine Gavalas beat Chipper Smith of Pope 15-6 to take the top spot at 195. Gilmer's Ryan Crump rebounded from a 11-7 quarterfinal loss to Sylvester Jackson of Lee County to take 3rd (beating Jackson 7-3).
220-285: #2 seed Nic Jarvis of Colquitt County pinned all four of his opponents en route to the 220 lb. title. Jarvis pinned #4 seed Drew Renshaw of Richmond Hill in the finals. Top seed Grant Brace of Alcoa fought back to take 3rd - beating Pope's Ryan Inskip 7-0. Sammy Evans of Alcoa easily took the top spot at 285. Evans, a multiple Tennessee State Champion, beat Georgia State Placer Monteiro James of Lee County 9-0 in the finals. Colquitt County's Brian Merritt pinned West Forsyth's Hunter Jolly to take 3rd.
Rumble at the Rocks
Only results we have are from Veterans, which won the event over Spencer.
- Veterans 65 Chattahoochee county 10
- Veterans 77 Northside Columbus 6
- Veterans 78 Jordan 6
- Veterans 57 Cartserville 22
- Veterans 55 Spencer 21
CRWA Invitational at Alexander
Team Scores (top 10):
- Troup County 272.0
- Alexander 267.0
- Central Carrollton 151.0
- LaGrange 149.0
- Mt. Zion 107.0
- Northgate 106.5
- Heard County 100.0
- Pike County 83.0
- Callaway 64.0
- Haralson County 63.0
- 106 Pearson Strickland (Troup County) 3-0, . over Pierce Simmons (Central Carrollton) 2-1, . (MD 13-4).
- 113 CJ Shadinger (Central Carrollton) 3-0, . over Justin Kiss (Callaway) 3-1, . (Dec 6-3).
- 120 Vinnie Ferrara (Alexander) 2-0, Jr. over Trevor Upchurch (Troup County) 2-1, . (Dec 15-9).
- 126 Brantley Robinson (Troup County) 3-0, . over Ken Wilson (Callaway) 3-1, . (Fall 2:36).
- 132 Chandler Cadman (Alexander) 3-0, Jr. over Quindon Dunson (LaGrange) 2-1, . (Dec 7-4).
- 138 Chase Seals (Troup County) 3-0, . over Cal Helton (Mt. Zion) 3-1, . (MD 15-2).
- 145 Little Nelson (Alexander) 4-0, Jr. over Dawson Hunt (Central Carrollton) 2-1, . (MD 14-3).
- 152 Trey Harris (Troup County) 3-0, . over Chase Sams (LaGrange) 3-1, . (Dec 4-3).
- 160 Scott Hicks (Troup County) 3-0, . over Wade Warnock (Alexander) 2-1, Jr. (Fall 0:41).
- 170 Cole Driskell (Alexander) 3-0, Sr. over Cameron Prevost (Northgate) 3-1, . (Fall 1:48).
- 182 Derek Whittmore (Northgate) 3-0, . over Dylan Raymond (Bowdon) 3-1, . (For.).
- 195 JC Higgins (Central Carrollton) 3-0, . over Quentin Kersey (Troup County) 2-1, . (Fall 5:27).
- 220 Zach Loner (Alexander) 3-0, So. over Dakota Ison (Central Carrollton) 2-1, . (Fall 3:00).
- 285 Spencer Myers (Alexander) 3-0, Jr. over Dalton Elliott (Northgate) 2-1, . (Dec 7-3).
Gwinnett County Championships at Meadowcreek
- Mountain View 283.5
- Collins Hill 183.0
- North Gwinnett 142.0
- Discovery 129.0
- Wesleyan 125.5
- Mill Creek 119.0
- Meadowcreek 117.0
- Peachtree Ridge 115.0
- Dacula 102.0
- Lanier 79.0
- 106 Carlos Gonzalez (Mountain View) 4-0, Sr. over Joey Felix (Collins Hill) 3-1, Fr. (Dec 6-0).
- 113 Steve Chavez (Mountain View) 3-0, Sr. over Christian Torres (South Gwinnett) 11-1, Sr. (Dec 7-3).
- 120 Noah Bullock (Dacula) 4-0, Jr. over Joelliuis Rodriguez (Meadowcreek) 3-1, So. (Fall 3:07).
- 126 Rex McDaniel (North Gwinnett) 4-0, Fr. over Keshawn Laws (Central Gwinnett) 3-1, Sr. (MD 13-3).
- 132 Lucas Desilva (Collins Hill) 4-0, Fr. over Alex Standridge (Mountain View) 3-1, Sr. (Inj. 5:52).
- 138 Najee Russell (Meadowcreek) 3-0, Sr. over Drew Knutson (Mountain View) 3-1, Sr. (Fall 3:54).
- 145 Chase Standridge (Mountain View) 4-0, So. over Kyle Brown (Peachtree Ridge) 3-1, Jr. (Fall 1:59).
- 152 Ryan Hurd (Collins Hill) 4-0, So. over Leon Jarda (Mountain View) 3-1, Sr. (Dec 4-0).
- 160 Justin Lewis (North Gwinnett) 3-0, Sr. over Jamar McEachern (Mountain View) 3-1, Sr. (Dec 3-0).
- 170 Grant Marshall (Wesleyan) 4-0, Sr. over Sam Ezzell (Mountain View) 4-1, Sr. (Fall 2:58).
- 182 Obumneme Osele (Discovery) 4-0, Sr. over Luke Hennebaul (Mountain View) 3-1, So. (Fall 4:57).
- 195 Justin Speregen (Mill Creek) 3-0, Jr. over Chapman Pendery (Wesleyan) 3-1, Sr. (Dec 5-2).
- 220 Harrison Spikes (Mountain View) 4-0, So. over Tomari Fox (Collins Hill) 2-1, So. (Dec 7-2).
- 285 Bryce Jones (Peachtree Ridge) 3-0, Jr. over Devon Martin (Lanier) 9-3, Jr. (Dec 5-3).
- 106 Arash Mohebi (Berkmar) 3-1, Jr. over William `Collier` Thigpen (North Gwinnett) 3-2, So. (Dec 7-3).
- 113 Powell Gilbert (Collins Hill) 3-1, Fr. over George Holmes (North Gwinnett) 3-2, Fr. (MD 12-4).
- 120 Zach Fix (Mill Creek) 4-1, So. over Camden Drouault (Mountain View) 2-2, So. (Dec 4-0).
- 126 Dominick Perrone (Collins Hill) 3-1, Sr. over Nick Marbut (Mountain View) 3-2, Jr. (Dec 8-3).
- 132 Harrison Dearth (Wesleyan) 4-1, So. over Corey Barron (Grayson) 2-2, Sr. (Dec 8-4).
- 138 Vonnie Austin (South Gwinnett) 5-1, Sr. over Justin Blough (Mill Creek) 2-2, Sr. (Dec 5-2).
- 145 Alejandro Cruz-Castillo (Duluth) 4-1, Sr. over Clark Cathey (Grayson) 3-2, Jr. (Dec 5-4).
- 152 Reese Dalton (Parkview) 7-1, Sr. over Ian Politz (Greater Atlanta Christian) 15-4, Sr. (Dec 3-2).
- 160 Chandler Miele (Mill Creek) 4-1, Sr. over Ben Connor (Wesleyan) 4-2, Jr. (Dec 7-0).
- 170 Edward Bakhos (Peachtree Ridge) 4-1, Sr. over Jay Carnagey (Duluth) 3-2, Jr. (MD 16-5).
- 182 Qu`vella Calhoun (Meadowcreek) 4-1, Jr. over Jesus Velasquez (Berkmar) 4-2, Sr. (Fall 3:48).
- 195 Cody Hutchison (Collins Hill) 3-1, So. over Wilson Catoe (Peachtree Ridge) 3-2, Jr. (Fall 1:52).
- 220 Payne Walker (North Gwinnett) 3-1, Jr. over Chrinovic Mukulu (Discovery) 3-2, Sr. (Dec 6-3).
- 285 Jordan Heath (Grayson) 4-1, Sr. over Mat Serefin (Mill Creek) 3-2, Jr. (Fall 0:54).
MC Christmas Classic at Morgan County
Team Scores (top 10):
- Social Circle (SC) 242.5
- Morgan County (MORG) 209.5
- Elbert County (EC) 162.5
- Monroe Area (MA) 120.0
- Oconee County (OC) 117.0
- Vidalia (VID) 114.0
- Harrison (HAR) 100.0
- Commerce High School "B" (COM) 81.0
- Jackson County (JC) 77.0
- Walnut Grove (WG) 74.0
- 106 Tyler Post (Social Circle) won by tech fall over Kaleb Matthews (Vidalia) (TF 17-2)
- 113 Martrez Huff (Elbert County) won by decision over McCrae Claas (Oconee County) (Dec 5-0)
- 120 Jamarcus Allen (Elbert County) won by decision over Robert Mulvany (Columbus) (Dec 5-4)
- 126 Jackson Wheeler (Social Circle) won by decision over Maleek Roberts (McEachern) (Dec 5-4)
- 132 Kevin Berisko (Morgan County) won by decision over Josh Craig (Social Circle) (Dec 9-2)
- 138 Ben Gilbreath (Jackson County) won by decision over Josh Swope (Walnut Grove) (Dec 3-0)
- 145 Jody McAlister (Morgan County) won by fall over Zack Bolton (Elbert County) (Fall 1:27)
- 152 Demarius Robinson (Morgan County) won by decision over Stevie Howard (Social Circle) (Dec 5-4)
- 160 Cade Lackey (Social Circle) won by major decision over Donovan McElligott (Morgan County) (Maj 13-3)
- 170 Micah Thompson (Social Circle) won by major decision over Carson Boyd (Social Circle) (Maj 8-0)
- 182 Braxton Legg (Commerce High School) won by decision over Tahjah Watts (Vidalia) (Dec 5-4)
- 195 Devin Almond (Elbert County) won by fall over Ladarrius Andrews (Morgan County) (Fall 5:36)
- 220 Cody Ridley (Commerce High School) won by decision over Austen Hemrich (Monroe Area) (Dec 3-2)
- 285 William Nana Fabu (Columbus) won by fall over Dalton Sikes (Oconee County) (Fall 6:37)
Carpet Classic at Dalton
Team Scores (top 10):
- Sonoraville RED 218.5
- Murray County 140.5
- Dalton 135.5
- Gordon Lee 133.0
- East Hamilton 126.0 (TN)
- Calhoun 110.0
- Lovett 102.5
- Lafayette 81.0
- Lakeview Ft. Oglethorpe 62.5
- Adairsville 61.0
- 106 Te`Nario Thomas (East Hamilton) 15-0, Fr. over Hunter Burnette (Gordon Lee) 2-1, Fr. (Fall 3:53).
- 113 Conner Thornburg (East Hamilton) 13-2, Fr. over Allen Stone (Sonoraville RED) 2-1, Fr. (Dec 6-0).
- 120 Matthew Tankersley (Dalton) 4-0, Sr. over Ryan Carter (Murray County) 3-1, So. (Fall 0:20).
- 126 Tyler Hunt (Sonoraville RED) 4-0, So. over Jaxon Wells (Dalton) 3-1, So. (Fall 2:23).
- 132 Trevor Burdick (Sonoraville RED) 4-0, So. over Caleb Chopane (Lakeview Ft. Oglethorpe) 3-1, Fr. (TF-1.5 4:00 (15-0)).
- 138 Grant Lundy (East Hamilton) 16-0, So. over Grayson Garrett (Murray County) 3-1, So. (Fall 1:41).
- 145 Ian Clark (Sonoraville RED) 4-0, Sr. over Liam Golden (East Hamilton) 14-2, Sr. (Dec 7-4).
- 152 Jacob Callahan (Calhoun) 4-0, Sr. over Jarrett Lassetter (Gordon Lee) 3-1, Jr. (Dec 4-3).
- 160 Rogerick White (Lovett) 4-0, Jr. over Zack Murdock (Gordon Lee) 3-1, Sr. (MD 15-3).
- 170 Braden Jarvis (Gordon Lee) 3-0, Jr. over Cole Ingram (Lafayette) 2-1, Sr. (Dec 7-2).
- 182 Lathe Spivey (Coosa) 4-0, Jr. over Joseph Reese (Dalton) 3-1, Jr. (Fall 3:28).
- 195 John Knight (Sonoraville RED) 3-0, So. over Brice Craig (Calhoun) 2-1, Jr. (Fall 0:44).
- 220 Cody Deal (Lafayette) 3-0, Jr. over Sharif Rahman (Dalton) 2-1, Sr. (Fall 1:27).
- 285 Mason Moraitakias (Sonoraville RED) 4-0, So. over Matthew Wallin (Lafayette) 2-1, Fr. (Dec 10-7).
Santa Slam at South Forsyth
Team Scores (Top 10):
- Buford 483.0
- South Forsyth 459.0
- Forsyth Central 420.0
- Lakeside-Dekalb 193.0
- Centennial 159.0
- Sprayberry 141.0
- Druid Hills 133.0
- George Walton Academy 113.0
- Kennesaw Mountain 105.0
- Riverwood 105.0
- 106 Steven Messer (Forsyth Central) 4-0, So. over Parker Regan (Buford) 3-1, So. (TF-1 0:00 (16-1)).
- 113 Logan Ashton (Buford) 4-0, So. over Abraham Perez (Forsyth Central) 3-1, So. (MD 17-4).
- 120 Chase Hartman (Buford) 3-0, Jr. over Gabe Garcia (Northview) 3-1, So. (Dec 5-4).
- 126 Chris Sperin (George Walton Academy) 4-0, Fr. over Kyle McCullough (Buford) 3-1, Jr. (Dec 6-2).
- 132 Nick Stonecheck (Buford) 3-0, Fr. over Hunter Kurowski (Forsyth Central) 2-1, Sr. (Dec 10-6).
- 138 Jackson Baraff (South Forsyth) 3-0, Sr. over Tyrese Perdue (McNair) 2-1, . (SV-1 (Fall) 0:00).
- 145 Charlie Darracott (Buford) 4-0, Fr. over Charlie Ranta (South Forsyth) 3-1, Jr. (MD 12-1).
- 152 Trent Ferguson (Buford) 4-0, Sr. over Miles Bankston (Forsyth Central) 3-1, Sr. (Dec 3-2).
- 160 Tristan Bozoian (Buford) 4-0, Jr. over Dylan Bone (Sprayberry) 3-1, Sr. (Fall 0:00).
- 170 Cooper Roberts (Buford) 4-0, Jr. over James Porter (South Forsyth) 3-1, Jr. (Fall 0:00).
- 182 Keaton Platzke (Forsyth Central) 4-0, So. over Mitchell Frankel (South Forsyth) 2-1, Sr. (Fall 0:00).
- 195 Ian Hunt (South Forsyth) 4-0, Jr. over Hunter Stephens (Forsyth Central) 2-1, Sr. (Fall 0:00).
- 220 Sebastian Legarra (Forsyth Central) 3-0, Sr. over Aaron Nalepa (George Walton Academy) 2-1, Sr. (Dec 7-2).
- 285 Gordon Lewis (Lakeside-Dekalb) 3-0, Sr. over Trevor Patrick (South Forsyth) 2-1, So. (Fall 0:00).
USAF Rosewood Eagle Invitational
Team Scores (top 10):
- Rosewood 206.0
- Britt, Jack 195.25
- Holly Springs 159.5
- Richlands 141.5
- William Fleming 133.0
- Corinth Holders 121.5
- Fike 119.5
- Voyager Academy 89.0
- Northeastern 86.25
- Aycock 83.5
- 106 Tyress Wade (William Fleming) 7-0, Jr. over Blake Edwards (Fike) 16-4, Jr. (Fall 3:43).
- 113 Timothy Decatur (Rosewood) 21-0, So. over Kyvar Townsend (William Fleming) 7-1, Fr. (Fall 0:52).
- 120 Tamaryon Lawrence (Richlands) 18-2, Sr. over Triston Chapman (Britt, Jack) 8-5, So. (Dec 9-5).
- 126 Caleb Ling (Britt, Jack) 8-5, Sr. over Isaiah Bryant (Voyager Academy) 9-3, Jr. (Fall 5:17).
- 132 Rae`Sae Settles (Fike) 19-0, Sr. over Logan Perentis (Holly Springs) 21-1, Sr. (Dec 3-0).
- 138 Hunter Morton (Holly Springs) 20-0, Sr. over Tyler Marquard (Aycock) 17-5, Sr. (Fall 5:22).
- 145 Aaron Bancroft (Fike) 13-1, Fr. over Sincere King (North Pitt) 13-3, Jr. (Dec 9-4).
- 152 Jake Maroney (Holly Springs) 16-1, Jr. over Robert Henderson (William Fleming) 8-1, So. (Dec 5-1).
- 160 Brandon Shene (Richlands) 17-3, Jr. over Tyler Scott (North Johnston) 6-3, Sr. (Fall 2:18).
- 170 Luke Roberson (Britt, Jack) 11-1, Jr. over Ethan Gray (Cape Hatteras) 7-1, Sr. (MD 22-8).
- 182 Joshua Wallace (Aycock) 18-0, Sr. over Matthew Engel (Millbrook) 14-2, Sr. (Dec 6-3).
- 195 Jonathan Zafra (Manteo) 10-2, Jr. over Daniel Ogunwo (Britt, Jack) 6-4, Jr. (Fall 3:23).
- 220 Larry Williams (Corinth Holders) 10-1, Jr. over Andre Hill (William Fleming) 7-1, Sr. (Fall 5:59).
- 285 Frankie Miller (Corinth Holders) 15-1, Sr. over Andrew Pena (Richlands) 16-4, Sr. (Fall 1:29).
Beast of the East at Croatan
Team Scores (top 10):
- Dixon 196.0
- Croatan 180.0
- Wheatmore 165.0
- Washington 164.5
- Swansboro 124.5
- West Craven 120.0
- West Carteret 108.0
- Jacksonville 97.0
- Chapel Hill 94.0
- First Flight 81.5
- 106 Arien Leigh (First Flight) 13-0, Jr. over Tyler Bird (West Craven) 12-1, . (OT 7-6).
- 113 Corey Smith (Dixon) 18-0, Jr. over Kyle Linger (Northside Jacksonville) 8-5, . (Fall 0:58).
- 120 Jeremiah Derby (First Flight) 12-0, Jr. over Carson Asby (Washington) 14-2, Jr. (Fall 2:10).
- 126 Simeon Pope (Washington) 11-2, Sr. over Samuel Gunning (Chapel Hill ) 13-2, Jr. (Fall 3:04).
- 132 Tony Locke (Northside Jacksonville) 9-2, . over Jacob Smith (Washington) 13-5, Sr. (Dec 3-1).
- 138 Krystian Kinsey (Havelock) 12-1, Jr. over Chase McKinney (Wheatmore) 16-2, Jr. (Dec 3-2).
- 145 Blaine Mainz (Jacksonville) 10-0, Sr. over Dustin Childs (Swansboro) 23-1, Sr. (MD 8-0).
- 152 Grant Hall (Croatan) 8-2, Sr. over Matthew Minnick (Chapel Hill ) 12-4, Sr. (Dec 2-1).
- 160 Charles Corbell (Croatan) 10-4, Sr. over Josh Soliz (Southwest Onslow) 8-2, Jr. (Dec 4-1).
- 170 Beau Studebaker (East Carteret) 4-0, Jr. over Ruffin Mancuso (West Carteret) 11-1, Sr. (Dec 7-5).
- 182 Michael Woodley (West Craven) 6-0, . over Ray Gamache (Dixon) 15-1, Sr. (Dec 5-3).
- 195 William Newbern (West Carteret) 10-0, Sr. over Andrew Ferguson (Washington) 13-1, Jr. (Fall 5:37).
- 220 Carlos Martinez (First Flight) 10-0, Sr. over Thomas Hudson (Dixon) 14-2, Jr. (Dec 6-1).
- 285 Kendrick Watson (Southern Nash) 19-1, Sr. over Josh Pollock (Dixon) 15-2, Sr. (Fall 0:17).
2016 Al Kessie Meck County Tournament at Olympic
Team Scores (top 10):
- Hopewell 226.0
- Myers Park 134.0
- Vance 99.0
- Olympic 89.0
- South Mecklenburg 87.0
- Berry, Philip O Academy of Technology 72.5
- Harding 65.0
- Rocky River 62.0
- Independence 61.0
- Ardrey Kell 56.0
- 106 Kyle Sanders (South Mecklenburg) 19-1, Fr. over David Ready (Hopewell) 9-5, So. (Fall 5:00).
- 113 Wes Joyner (Queens Grant) 11-1, Sr. over Ryan Sklar (Myers Park) 3-5, Fr. (Fall 3:30).
- 120 Martin Garcia (Hopewell) 10-5, Sr. over Spencer Bradley (Myers Park) 8-6, So. (Fall 1:30).
- 126 Esco Walker (Hopewell) 15-0, Sr. over Jesse Bell (Queens Grant) 10-3, Jr. (TF-1.5 0:00 (19-3)).
- 132 Nolan Edens (Hopewell) 18-0, Sr. over Michael Gillian (South Mecklenburg) 9-9, Jr. (Fall 1:10).
- 138 Michael Rubino (Independence) 12-1, Sr. over Henry Thompson (Myers Park) 18-5, Jr. (Dec 6-5).
- 145 Joshua Crihfield (Vance) 15-3, Sr. over Laurance Lanave (West Mecklenburg) 6-2, Sr. (Fall 3:15).
- 152 Jerell Harris (Olympic) 4-0, Sr. over Liam Kirkpatrick (Hopewell) 10-7, Jr. (Dec 4-2).
- 160 Caleaf Jones (Berry, Philip O Academy of Technology) 10-1, Sr. over Raekwon Armstead (Independence) 10-2, Sr. (Fall 5:15).
- 170 Johnson Doe (Rocky River) 10-3, . over Alvin Hall (Vance) 12-3, Sr. (Dec 12-10).
- 182 Michael Huey (Hopewell) 9-8, Sr. over Dorian Davis-Wright (Vance) 2-1, Jr. (Dec 2-1).
- 195 Eric Hudson (North Mecklenburg) 9-0, So. over Jake Harkleroad (Myers Park) 6-4, So. (Fall 1:45).
- 220 Dion Rogers (Vance) 13-1, Sr. over Jason Solis (Hopewell) 7-8, Jr. (Fall 0:45).
- 285 Antwan Rainey (Olympic) 3-0, Sr. over Brenden Donahue (Hopewell) 8-6, Sr. (Fall 0:30).
2016 Iron Knight Invitational at Knightdale
Team Scores (top 10):
- Kellam 223.0
- Carrboro 153.5
- Heritage 149.0
- Riverside 127.5
- Cape Fear 109.0
- Apex 100.0
- Wake Forest 82.0
- Clayton 78.5
- West Johnston 58.5
- Southern Durham 29.5
- 106 Marcelino Aponte III (Cape Fear) 14-0, Sr. over Jack McGarry (Kellam) 5-3, So. (TF-1.5 2:57 (19-4)).
- 113 Victor Monnet (Carrboro) 6-0, Jr. over Gabe Baragona (Apex) 11-5, Jr. (Fall 4:51).
- 120 Nick Sansone (Kellam) 41-8, So. over Dallas Wilson (Cape Fear) 15-1, Fr. (Dec 8-6).
- 126 Ayush Patel (Wake Forest) 19-0, Jr. over Otto Wolin (Carrboro) 5-1, Sr. (Dec 5-0).
- 132 Josh Stohrer (Kellam) 6-1, Jr. over Stewart Walter (Wake Forest) 9-6, So. (MD 16-4).
- 138 Quincy Monday (Carrboro) 7-0, Jr. over Austin Cole (Kellam) 47-9, Sr. (TF-1.5 4:57 (18-1)).
- 145 Anthony Brito (Heritage) 11-0, Sr. over Trequan Alston (Southern Vance) 13-2, Jr. (Dec 7-5).
- 152 Sheriff Njie (Heritage) 10-0, Jr. over Connor Wiley (Kellam) 35-10, Sr. (Dec 7-5).
- 160 Sander Cypher (Wake Forest) 14-0, Sr. over Matteo Fulgheri (Carrboro) 6-3, So. (TF-1.5 4:40 (20-5)).
- 170 Michael Vernagallo (Cape Fear) 13-0, Jr. over Connor Dickmon (Kellam) 2-1, Sr. (TF-1.5 2:39 (30-15)).
- 182 Luke Foster (Clayton) 14-3, Sr. over Curtis Selby (Carrboro) 5-3, Sr. (MD 13-4).
- 195 Matthew Darby (Southern Durham) 10-1, Sr. over Jaden Davis (Riverside) 14-1, Sr. (Fall 5:15).
- 220 Killian Koppenhaver (Kellam) 7-1, Sr. over Zach Chamblee (Clayton) 4-1, Jr. (Dec 7-2).
- 285 Emanuel Oquaye (Carrboro) 7-0, Sr. over Thad Wilkerson (West Johnston) 10-1, Sr. (Dec 4-0).
Neo Invitational at Tuscola
Team Scores (top 10):
- Clyde A Erwin 245.0
- Robbinsville 229.0
- A C Reynolds 170.0
- Smoky Mountain 169.0
- Tuscola 144.5
- Swain 144.0
- Madison 124.0
- Owen 77.0
- Mitchell 69.0
- Mountain Heritage 51.0
- 106 Tyler Broome (Robbinsville ) won by fall over Dakota Tehandon (Mitchell ) (Fall 1:50)
- 113 Holden Cotzin (Clyde A Erwin) won by disqualification over Coltin Marlowe (Mitchell ) (DQ)
- 120 Arlus Orr (Robbinsville ) won by fall over Zack Davis (Madison) (Fall 3:22)
- 126 Kade Millsaps (Robbinsville ) won by fall over Anthony Merk (Tuscola) (Fall 2:40)
- 132 Ion Cojocari (Clyde A Erwin) won by major decision over Sam Mosby (A C Reynolds )
- 138 Justin Payne (Clyde A Erwin) won by fall over Justin Stewart (Robbinsville ) (Fall 2:05)
- 145 Andy Houston (Smoky Mountain) won by fall over Hunter Trull (Tuscola) (Fall 1:00)
- 152 Chris Miller (Swain) won by fall over Tony Houston (Smoky Mountain) (Fall 2:56)
- 160 Ethan Rogers (Clyde A Erwin) won by fall over Caleb Field (A C Reynolds ) (Fall 3:30)
- 170 Anthony Johnson (Clyde A Erwin) won by fall over Austin Lovin (Robbinsville ) (Fall 1:55)
- 182 Thomas Neal (Owen ) won by decision over Jack Logan (Tuscola) (Dec 6-1)
- 195 Jayden Woods (Madison) won by fall over Fredy Romero (Robbinsville ) (Fall 1:15)
- 220 Craig Cutshaw (Swain) won by fall over Isaiah Watts (Mountain Heritage ) (Fall 1:30)
- 285 Ethan Lunsford (Clyde A Erwin) won by fall over Logan Odom (Robbinsville ) (Fall 3:35)
Nick Sgroi Memorial Tournament at Bishop McGuinness
Team Scores (top 10):
- Central Academy of Technology and Arts 152.0
- Ben L Smith 150.5
- Carson, Jesse 136.5
- North Wilkes 92.0
- High Point Central 81.0
- East Forsyth 75.0
- Bishop McGuinness 74.5
- South Davidson 59.5
- Cedar Ridge 55.0
- Northwood 43.5
- 106 Jake Dodson (Central Academy of Technology and Arts) 16-0, Fr. over EJ Miller (East Forsyth) 15-1, Jr. (Fall 4:35).
- 113 Isaac Toe (High Point Central) 17-1, So. over Josh Vega (Carson, Jesse) 3-1, So. (Dec 7-2).
- 120 JARED RUSSELL (Bishop McGuinness) 10-2, Sr. over Mason Hulin (South Davidson) 8-5, So. (Fall 1:27).
- 126 Brian Castello (Central Academy of Technology and Arts) 15-1, So. over Logan Merrill (South Davidson) 11-5, So. (Dec 5-4).
- 132 Josh Scott (Ben L Smith) 16-0, Jr. over Micah Lovette (North Wilkes) 8-5, Sr. (Fall 0:49).
- 138 John Millner (Ben L Smith) 18-0, Sr. over Jake Morin (Central Academy of Technology and Arts) 17-1, Jr. (MD 14-4).
- 145 Diavantae Reddick (Ben L Smith) 18-0, Sr. over Carson Amy (Northwood) 14-3, Sr. (MD 15-3).
- 152 Korey Cureton (Ben L Smith) 17-1, Sr. over Cameron Rayfield (Carson, Jesse) 4-1, Sr. (MD 10-2).
- 160 Cade Haines (Central Academy of Technology and Arts) 17-1, So. over Bailey Rayfield (Carson, Jesse) 2-1, Sr. (Dec 1-0).
- 170 Danny Ryan (Central Academy of Technology and Arts) 15-3, Sr. over Ethan Penaloza (North Wilkes) 9-6, Sr. (Dec 2-1).
- 182 Hunter Queen (Northwood) 12-0, Sr. over Downey Richmond (Ben L Smith) 17-1, Sr. (MD 16-3).
- 195 Marcus Vickers (North Wilkes) 17-2, Sr. over Matthew Verdi (High Point Central) 14-5, Sr. (Fall 3:29).
- 220 NICK ACKERMAN (Bishop McGuinness) 10-0, Sr. over Dequann Simms (Carson, Jesse) 5-2, Sr. (Fall 3:41).
- 285 Sterling Small (East Forsyth) 4-1, Sr. over Alex Vasquze-Ortiz (Carson, Jesse) 7-2, Sr. (Fall 1:17).
2016 Warrior Invitational at West Caldwell
- Stuart Cramer 200.0
- South Caldwell 157.5
- Lincolnton 140.0
- West Caldwell 133.0
- Cherryville 89.0
- Patton 82.0
- Hickory 77.0
- Wikes Central 70.0
- Hibriten 32.0
- Mtn Island Charter 32.0
- Draughn 28.0
- 106 Kaleb Queen (South Caldwell) 21-0, Jr. over Tradin Allen (Wikes Central) 6-6, Fr. (Fall 0:49).
- 113 Desmen Jefferies (Lincolnton) 14-2, Jr. over Luis DeLa Riva (West Caldwell) 19-2, Sr. (Dec 6-5).
- 120 Zeb Patton (Patton) 20-3, Jr. over Logan Roper (Stuart Cramer) 15-7, Sr. (Fall 1:59).
- 126 Justin Barnwell (West Caldwell) 13-2, Sr. over Andrew Clark (Patton) 17-7, Sr. (Dec 9-3).
- 132 Devin Bumgarner (West Caldwell) 16-3, So. over Miguel Cabalceta (Lincolnton) 10-6, Sr. (Fall 1:58).
- 138 Jonathon Collins (Stuart Cramer) 20-1, Sr. over Trent Marlowe (Lincolnton) 12-5, Sr. (Dec 13-6).
- 145 Chris Cohens (Hickory) 12-1, Jr. over Zach Shope (Stuart Cramer) 18-5, Sr. (Dec 10-3).
- 152 Dustin Herman (South Caldwell) 16-4, So. over Julian Perdue (Lincolnton) 8-3, Sr. (MD 11-0).
- 160 Justin Riffle (Cherryville) 16-4, Sr. over Trip Berry (Patton) 10-2, Jr. (Dec 13-6).
- 170 Nick Cook (Stuart Cramer) 18-4, Sr. over Tyler Boles (Wikes Central) 4-2, Jr. (Fall 3:00).
- 182 Alex Mathis (Stuart Cramer) 14-1, Jr. over Joshua Walker (Lincolnton) 9-7, Jr. (Fall 5:27).
- 195 Timmy Abee (Draughn) 14-0, Sr. over Jonathon Rodriguez (Stuart Cramer) 8-3, Jr. (Fall 1:40).
- 220 Tyler Brown (South Caldwell) 15-7, Sr. over Shykale Steptoe (West Caldwell) 7-3, Sr. (Dec 3-1).
- 285 Josh Voelkel (South Caldwell) 17-5, Fr. over Devon Rice (West Caldwell) 11-8, So. (Fall 2:12).
The tournament wasn't run on track, but some results have been uploaded here.
Tom Mullen has posted some pics ... you can find them here.
- Belton-Honea Path 54, Eastside B 21
- Rock Hill 53, Indian Land 24
- Rock Hill 68, Belton-Honea Path 12
- Indian Land 51, Eastside B 24
- Belton-Honea Path 48, Indian Land 21
- Rock Hill 69, Eastside B 9
- Jefferson City 77, Pickens 6
- Lake Norman 51, Palmetto 30
- Jefferson City 71, Lake Norman 12
- Palmetto 51, Pickens 24
- Jefferson City 63, Palmetto 15
- Lake Norman 54, Pickens 25
- Riverside 39, Westside 33
- Wren 42, Gaffney 24
- Westside 63, Gaffney 12
- Riverside 45, Wren 24
- Westside 54, Wren 24
- Riverside 48, Gaffney 24
- Hart County 33, Walhalla 31
- Easley 40, Edisto 29
- Edisto 48, Hart County 24
- Easley 48, Walhalla 36
- Easley 45, Hart County 30
- Edisto 36, Walhalla 27
HS Maroon Champ
- Jefferson City 62, Belton-Honea Path 15
- Rock Hill 60, Lake Norman 14
- Jefferson City 48, Rock Hill 28
HS Silver Champ
- Riverside 36, Edisto 30
- Westside 66, Easley 18
- Westside 45, Riverside 27
McGavock "Big Red Truck" Invitational
Top 10 teams:
- Arab HS 214.0 (AL)
- Summit HS 189.5
- Beech HS 123.5
- Antioch HS 101.0
- McGavock HS 94.0
- Ravenwood HS 77.0
- Hunters Lane HS 72.5
- Lebanon HS 62.0
- David Crocket High School 60.0
- Trigg Co HS 58.0
- 106 Noah Horst (Beech HS) won by fall over Zach Thomas (Summit HS) (Fall 3:44)
- 113 Brayden Palmer (Beech HS) won by fall over Brady Woodward (Summit HS) (Fall 2:39)
- 120 Mike Kromoff (David Crocket High School) won by fall over Devonta Turner (Trigg Co HS) (Fall 3:44)
- 126 Cameron Henderson (Smyrna HS) won by fall over Cole Klingensmith (Summit HS) (Fall 5:05)
- 132 Nathan Porter (Summit HS) won by fall over Seth Hyatt (Arab HS) (Fall 5:27)
- 138 Clay Jones (Arab HS) won by decision over Elijah Dryer (Ravenwood HS) (Dec 9-3)
- 145 Nicholas Freeman (Ravenwood HS) won by fall over Sean Butler (Summit HS) (Fall 5:32)
- 152 Colin Stevens (Trigg Co HS) won by decision over Adio Brown (Hunters Lane HS) (Dec 10-5)
- 160 Will Spencer (Arab HS) won by decision over Ryan Brown (Lebanon HS) (Dec 13-6)
- 170 Kyle Smith (Beech HS) won by decision over Kemale Strong (Hunters Lane HS) (Dec 9-5)
- 182Jeharian Maddox (Beech HS) won by decision over Zack Carney (Summit HS) (Dec 10-5)
- 195 Ian Scott (Arab HS) won by fall over Evan Clemmons (Lebanon HS) (Fall 1:25)
- 220 Jamal Miller (McGavock HS) won by major decision over Jack Tindall (Arab HS) (Maj 10-2)
- 285 Symon Mitchell (Franklin Rd AHS) won by major decision over Taylor Harrison (Lebanon HS) (Maj 9-1)
- 106 Joseph Martin (Arab HS) won by major decision over Zachary Joyner (Antioch HS) (Maj 14-0)
- 113 DeCarlos Allen (McGavock HS) won by fall over Everett Jackson (Ravenwood HS) (Fall 1:42)
- 120 Garrett Mcclendon (Arab HS) won by decision over Bristin Hulsey (Beech HS) (Dec 9-5)
- 126 Peyton Weber (Arab HS) won by fall over William Downing (Beech HS) (Fall 2:54)
- 132 JaCorey Miller (McGavock HS) won by decision over Destin Megra (East Nashville HS) (Dec 12-5)
- 138 Isaiah Waggon (Antioch HS) won by fall over Gavin Russell (David Crocket High School) (Fall 2:19)
- 145 Jerome Dooley (Antioch HS) won by major decision over Anthony Camp (Arab HS) (Maj 15-6)
- 152 Steven Tierney (Summit HS) won by fall over Patrick Harden (Arab HS) (Fall 3:34)
- 160 Kobey Desselle (Summit HS) won by forfeit over Kelvin Freeman (McGavock HS) (FF)
- 170 Sawyer Knott (Summit HS) won by major decision over Dylan Vongsa (Antioch HS) (Maj 13-4)
- 182 Edward Wilkinson (Antioch HS) won by decision over Mokhtar Desouki (Ravenwood HS) (Dec 8-5)
- 195 Rolando Garrcia (McGavock HS) won by major decision over Zane Gray (David Crocket High School) (Maj 11-2)
- 220 Chike Brown (Hunters Lane HS) won by fall over Brian Kasal (Antioch HS) (Fall 2:34)
- 285 Eric Lee (East Nashville HS) won by decision over Hunter Alexander (Arab HS) (Dec 11-9)