Week in Review 12.4.16
Still very early in the season and not every team is yet full strength, but there was some very good wrestling going on around the Southeast this past weekend.
UPDATE 10:22 on 12/5 - Good morning everyone. We have a few things to add to the Week in Review:
- We have received results from Compound Duals, Panther Invitational, and Grenadier Duals and will try to get those uploaded this morning (it might take until this evening).
- We are simply an aggregator of results and information ... meaning that we have to assume the brackets and results being provided are accurate. I do not have the ability to go back and check the outcome each match or tournament ... that is simply not possible. I flip between using I and we because I view this website as a collection of all of us in the southeast wrestling community (we refers to both you and I). Ultimately, I am responsible for what is posted.
- CORRECTION: Camden's Bunmi Smith did not get pinned by Jason DeGroat of Winter Springs in the 170 lb. final at Clash of the Titans. He actually earned a technical fall over DeGroat in the 2nd period. If you notice any other mistakes please let me know at email@example.com (please do not flood my inbox with ... "the score was actually 11-8 instead of 11-9") - I am looking for mistakes on the variety of what was in the brackets at Clash of the Titans.
37th Annual Huntsville Invitational
Class 1A-5A Arab took out the field en route to the 37th Annual Huntsville Invitational team title. Arab tallied 463 points, 113 more than host Huntsville and 176 more than 3rd place Independence (TN). Not sure how the scoring works for this tournament, but Arab showed why they are considered one of the top teams in the smallest class in Alabama. Sparkman finished 4th and Scottsboro was 5th.
- 106 Joseph Martin (Arab) dec. Jailen Young (Jemison), 12-7 - Martin failed to place at last year's AL 6A State Tournament, whereas Young was 3rd in 1A-5A.
- 113 Chase Bridgford (Independence) pin Dakota Collins (Arab), 1:49
- 120 John McAlpin (Scottsboro) pin Garrett McClendon (Arab), 4:42 - McAlpin finished 2nd in last year's AL 6A State Tournament at 113. Trent Young of Athens (3rd in 6A at 113) finished 3rd - losing to McClendon 7-4)
- 126 Brantley McHugh (Madison County) pin Peyton Weber (Arab), 3:55 - McHugh finished 6th at last year's 1A-5A State Tournament at 126. Weber was a State Qualifier at 126 in 6A.
- 132 Jawaun Doughty (Huntsville) dec. Owen Schnedler (Independence), 2-1 - Doughty was a 2016 7A State Qualifier in AL, Schnedler placed 4th in TN 3A at 126.
- 138 Clay Jones (Arab) dec. Leo Gearheart (Independence), 8-4. Jones finished 6th in 2016 6A State Tournament at 138.
- 145 Brady Ingram (Independence) tf. Jaquan Rhodes (Jemison), 15-0 - Tennessee 3A State Placer Ingram easily dominated the field and Alabama 1A-5A 5th place finisher Rhodes.
- 152 Kolton Clark (Scottsboro) dec. Houston Curtis (Huntsville), 9-8 - Alabama 6A 126 lb. State Champ Clark downed 7A 145 lb. State Qualifier Curtis in a close one.
- 160 Will Spencer (Arab) dec. Shon'Derious Spralling (Jemison), 1-0 - Alabama 6A 170 lb. State Champ Spencer eeks out a close 1-0 win over AL 1A-5A 170 lb. State Placer Spralling.
- 170 Ethan Pippin (Westminster Christian) dec. Jordan Thompson (Buckhorn), 13-10 - Alabama 1A-5A 3rd place finisher Pippin downs 7A 160 lb. State Qualifier.
- 182 Thomas Carter (Athens) pin Stephen White (Madison County) - Alabama 6A 170 lb. State Runner-up Carter pins 1A-5A State Qualifier White in the 1st period
- 195 Jaeger Clark (Huntsville) pin Ian Scott (Arab) 3:36 - Clark downed 6A 220 lb. State Placer Ian Scott; 6A 182 lb. State Placer Thad Jackson Prater of Athens was 3rd.
- 220 Branden Moore (Sparkman) pin Jamel Jones (Columbia), 3:34
- 285 Hunter Alexander (Arab) dec. Zachary Cangelosi (Sparkman), 4-2. 2016 1A-5A State Placer Kendall Farr took 3rd.
Leslie Burnett Duals at Pelham
Mountain Brook won Pool A and then downed Clay Chalkville to claim the title. Mountain Brook beat Pelham 72-12, Moody 37-36, Montgomery Catholic 64-11, and Thompson "B" 59-15. Clay Chalkville took the Pool B top spot with wins over Carver-Montgomery 78-0, Chelsea 50-21, Pell City 70-6, and Hoover "B" 75-0. Individuals with the best records on the day:
- 106 Dylan LeSueuer of Clay Chalkville was 3-0
- 113 Parker Dodd of Moody was 2-0 at 113 (1-0 at 106); Nathan Hernandez of Clay-Chalkville was 3-0
- 120 Seth Gatlin of Thompson "B" was 3-0; Will Patterson of Moody was 3-0
- 126 Josh Walton of Pelham was 4-0
- 132 Zachary Van Alst was 4-0 wrestling anywhere from 132-145. Had a nice pin over defending 126 lb. State Champion Michael Land of Moody at 132. Otherwise Land was unbeaten at 132.
- 138 Frank Brown of Mountain Brook was 4-1 - with a 21-3 tech fall loss to Van Alst
- 145 Calvin Pickens of Thompson "B" was 4-0 at 145/152; Rashad Clark of Moody was 3-0 at 145/152
- 152 Cole Holmes of Mountain Brook was 4-0 at 152/160
- 160 Daniel Vazquez of Moody was 4-0 at 160/170
- 170 Robert Randolph of Mountain Brook was 5-0 at 170
- 182 Anthony Talton of Chelsea was just 1-0, but his 1 win was over Will Pitman of Mountain Brook who was 3-1.
- 195 Stavros Pappas of Mountain Brook was 4-0 at 195/220
- 220 Jackson Jones of Clay Chalkville was 4-0 at 220/285
Lincoln Golden Bear Classic at Lincoln
Walter Wellborn crowned 3 champs and outlasted runner-up Cleburne County by 2 points (206 to 204) to take home the team title. Alexandria was 3rd with 154 points, St Clair County 4th at 127, and Susan Moore was 5th with 125 points.
- 106 Jaden New (Alexandria) 3-0, 7th. over Austin Creamer (Lincoln) 3-1, Fr. (Fall 1:17).
- 113 Reed Hill (Ohatchee) 3-0, Fr. over Dylan Turner (Cleburne County) 2-1, Jr. (Dec 4-0).
- 120 Kage Robertson (Susan Moore) 9-1, Jr. over Kaleb Mathews (Alexandria) 5-1, So. (Fall 5:10).
- 126 Fletcher Swindall (Alexandria) 5-0, Fr. over Max Miller (St. Clair County) 9-3, Sr. (Dec 10-9).
- 132 Brady Rinehard (Walter Wellborn) 3-0, Sr. over Zhenya Collett (St. Clair County) 3-2, Fr. (Fall 2:44).
- 138 Zac Williamson (Cleburne County) 4-0, Fr. over Gannon Womack (Alexandria) 2-1, Sr. (MD 10-2).
- 145 Matthew Lindsey (Walter Wellborn) 3-0, So. over Hunter Beason (Cleburne County) 2-1, So. (Fall 2:49).
- 152 Tyler Mayfield (Cleburne County) 3-0, Sr. over Aaron Whittaker (Alexandria) 2-1, Jr. (Fall 4:20).
- 160 Christopher Higgins (Cleburne County) 3-0, So. over Clayton Conner (Walter Wellborn) 2-1, Sr. (Fall 1:50).
- 170 Hayden Pitts (Ohatchee) 3-0, Sr. over Cody Conner (St. Clair County) 9-3, Sr. (Fall 5:14).
- 182 Christian Knop (Alexandria) 3-0, So. over Christian Seale (Cleburne County) 1-1, Fr. (Fall 2:55).
- 195 Cade Smith (Cleburne County) 2-0, So. over Wes Salter (Cleburne County) 2-1, . (Fall 0:21).
- 220 Zachery Chandler (Walter Wellborn) 3-0, Sr. over Blake Wiggins (St. Clair County) 7-2, So. (Fall 4:35).
- 285 Skyler Mizzell (St. Clair County) 5-0, So. over Ryan Day (Cleburne County) 3-1, Jr. (Fall 2:49).
Not on trackwrestling and nothing reported to us ... except this tweet from Danny Joiner.
Holy Cross (LA) dominated day 1 of the Border Wars and continued that domination through day 2 to capture the 2016 edition of the Border Wars. Jesuit, also out of Louisiana, climbed into 2nd ahead of Florida 3A power Flagler Palm Coast and Alabama 7A power Thompson. Here's your top 10:
- Holy Cross (LA) 290.0
- Jesuit (LA) 240.0
- Flagler (FL) 196.0
- Thompson (AL) 193.5
- Vestavia Hills (AL) 150.5
- Wakulla (FL) 140.5
- St Pauls (LA) 136.0
- Arnold (FL) 132.5
- Colquitt (GA) 119.5
- Chiles (FL) 90.0
106: Thompson's Sam Latona was simply unbelievable en route to the 106 lb. title. Latona pin all 7 of his opponents on the weekend. He pinned all 4 of his Pool A opponents in the 1st period on day 1 and then proceeded to pin Tanner Brockman of Arnold at 3:54 in the quarters, Sam Dreuil of Jesuit at 1:44 in the semifinals and Chris Montalbano (again - pinned his on day 1 as well) of Rummels at 1:14 of the 1st period to take the title. Dreuil downed Niceville's Hamilton 6-3 to take 3rd.
113: Thompson made it 2 in a row when2016 7A 106 lb. State Qualifier Chandler Akins won Pool C on Friday (with 3 pins) and then beat Wakulla's Matthew Owen by tech fall, St Paul's Brandon Stein 6-1 in the semifinals and Flagler Palm Coast's John Johnson 8-3 in the finals. Stein beat Knoch 7-2 to take 3rd.
120: Marcus Reid Jr. of Ridgeview was outstanding en route to the 120 lb. title. Reid dominated Pool A with 3 pins and then pinned Thompson's Emmanuel Oliver in the quarters and Holy Cross' Jacob Spahn in the semifinals before downing Rummels' Blake Mateu 6-2 in the finals. Mateu downed Florida 1A State Placer Larry Smith of Wakulla 2-0 in the bottom semifinal to advance to the finals. Smith pinned Spahn for 3rd. Vestavia's Alex Thomas, the defending Alabama 7A 106 lb. State Champion, was injured in pool action and did not compete in the IBT.
126: 126 was easily the best and deepest weight class of the Border Wars - featuring a Florida State Champ, 2 Florida State Runners-up, a 2x Alabama State Champ, and many other quality wrestlers (don't know the accolades of the Louisiana wrestlers). Thompson's Gabe Hixenbaugh had two tech falls and a pin in Pool C (including one over a tough Dawson Brooks of Cambridge) and then was impressive with 2 falls to begin the IBT. Hixenbaugh then downed Florida 2A 120 lb. State Champ Chace Curtis 9-4 in the semi's and 3A 120 lb. State Runner-up Michael DeAugustino of Flagler Palm Coast 2-1 TB3. Curtis downed St. Paul's Coel Hauser 3-1 to take 3rd. Arnold's Ethan Pickren, Florida's 2016 1A 106 lb. State Runner-up, finished 5th after falling to Houser 8-2 in the quarters.
132: Flagler's Avery Holder was simply outstanding en route to the 132 lb. title. 132 was also a very deep weight class that featured numerous quality wrestlers and Holder's wins, mainly over Holy Cross' Cole Clement 11-6 in the semifinals and 6-2 over William Pickren of Arnold in the finals, show why he should be considered a threat in Florida 3A this season. Clement bounced back from his loss to Holder to down Alabama 7A State Qualifier Murphy McCallum to take 3rd. Pickren had 5 1st period falls and a fall at 5:01 over McCallum before falling to Holder in the finals.
138: featured an all-Louisiana final as Shane Ulfers of St. Paul major decisioned Adam Larriviere of Jesuit 15-5 to take the title. Ulfers finished with 5 falls and two major decisions and easily controlled 138. Daniel Mann of Colquitt County took 3rd after Flagler's Trace Insalaco was dq'd in the consolation finals. Tate's Kendall Townley bounced back from a 5-3 1st round loss to Larrivere to win 4 consecutive matches and take 5th.
145: 145was also one of the deeper weight classes and featured some very good matches. Jesuit's Eli Larriviere won 3 tight matches to take the title. He downed Hayden Suggs of Colquitt County 3-0 in the quarters, Brady Butler of Holy Cross 6-5 in the semifinals, and Michael Martins of Flagler Palm Coast 4-0 in the finals. Martins advanced out of the bottom side of the bracket after 2015 Florida State Champion Richie McClanahan forfeited in the quarters and then Martins downed Alabama State Placer Jacob Megois 7-5 in the semifinals. Megois downed Butler 9-3 to take 3rd. McClanahan injury defaulted out of the tournament.
152: Holy Cross's Jake Rando did not disappoint and showed why he is considered one of the best wrestlers in Louisiana. Rando pinned Jesuit's Nate Koenig in the quarters before "majoring" Drew St Amant of Arnold in the smei's and Reese Dalton of Parkview in the finals. Dalton bounced back after finishing 3rd in Pool D to reel off a nice 9-7 win over Thompson's Derek Hussey in the quarters and 8-3 over Jose Gallegos of Lowndes in the semi's. Gallegos beat St. Amant 11-8 to take 3rd. Alabama State Placer Jack Stoves lost 5-4 to Gallegos and had to battle back to finish 5th.
160: Georgia State Runner-up Will Britain of Cambridge had 4 falls in Pool B and then had 2 consecutive falls before downing Jack Johnson of Niceville 9-6 to advance to the finals. Alabama 7A State Runner-up Bowman Hill had 3 falls on day 1 and then two 1st period falls in the IBT to advance to the finals opposite Britain. Britain secured the fall at 3:30 to claim the 160 lb. title. Johnson downed Zion James of Columbia 5-4 to take 3rd.
170: 170 was another all-Louisiana final as Holy Cross' Joseph Foret downed Brandon Greer of Jesuit 14-5 to take the title. Foret's 6-1 decision over Florida 2A State Placer Gavin Hoard in the top semifinal was extremely impressive. Hoard entered that match with 5 consecutive falls and appeared to be on a roll. Hoard bounced back to secure his 6th fall of the tournament over Chase Cleveland of Ft Walton Beach in the consolation finals.
182: Holy Cross added another title when Michael Benton downed Flagler's Steve Candidate 13-2 to take the 182 lb. title. Benton had 4 1st period falls before Paul Treuting of Jesuit (who would take 3rd over Justin Loperman of Chiles) finally took him into the 2nd period. Benton got the fall over Treuting 35 seconds in the 2nd and then proceeded to dismantle Candidate in the finals. Candidate was also impressive in his run to the finals ... he took 2nd in Pool A to Benton and then reeled off 4 consecutive wins to setup the rematch.
195: Holy Cross would keep the ball rolling at 195 as Spencer Reyes finished with 6 falls and the 195 lb. title. Jason Muniz of Flagler Palm Coast was the only wrestler to escape the 1st period against Reyes ... he did so in their quarterfinal match. Florida 1A State Qualifier Nick English of Marianna was impressive en route to 2nd place, securing 3 falls and a 13-1 major decision. Thomas Arseneaux of Jesuit took 3rd and John Hinsey of Wakulla was 4th.
220: Alabama 7A State champion James Edwards had 3 1st period falls in Pool A and 3 decisions in the IBT to take the 220 lb. title. Edwards downed sensational sophomore Nic Jarvis of Colquitt County 4-1 in the finals. Robert Williams of Chiles dropped a tough 2-1 decision to Jarvis in the semifinals, but bounced back with a close 6-5 win over Ng of Wakulla to take 3rd.
285: Wakulla's Jacob Marin downed Vestavia's James Edwards 5-2 to claim the 285 lb. title. Marin had 2 falls and a forfeit over teammate Darius Wilkins en route to the finals (guess the biggies at Wakulla are tough). Edwards had a fall and then a close 2-1 decision ver Randel Amos of Holy Cross to advance to the semifinals (Amos would take 5th). Edwards then took out Ft. Walton Beach's Joseph Pearson 9-3 to advance to the finals. Wilkins earned a 5-2 decision over Pearson to take 3rd.
H-Town Throwdown at Hialeah Gardens
3A power South Dade doesn't just reload, they reload with some legit #hammers (I'd put them in the top 2-4 teams in the Southeast - behind LHP, but right in the mix with Camden, Bradley Central, Commerce, and others). The Bucs easily outdistanced themselves from runner-up Southwest Miami (by 105.5) and 3rd place Riverdale (by 166 - nearly doubling up the 2A power). The top 10 team scores are included below ...
- South Dade 334.0
- Southwest 228.5
- Riverdale 168.0
- Columbus 159.5
- Wellington 156.0
- Palm Bay 116.0
- Killian 114.0
- Southridge 108.0
- Coral Park 105.0
- Mater Academy 91.0
Here is a quick look at each weight class:
106-120: Phenomenal freshman Bretli Reyna of South Dade easily made his way to the finals and not surprising ran into workout partner Luis Pedraza in the finals. Reyna won 5-4 to take the title, but that is a clear indication of how deep and talented South Dade is and why they are considered the odds on favorites to win 3A once again in 2017. Coral Park's Sebastian Calmet, who fell to Pedraza 11-3 in the bottom semifinal downed Southridge's Christopher Busutil 11-8 to take 3rd. Wellington's outstanding freshman Christian DiFiore was 5th. 113 featured 2016 3A 106 lb. State Champion Elijah Varona destroyed the 113 lb. weight class. Varona posted a 10-1 major, two falls, an 18-3 technical fall over Julian Hernandez of Southwest in the semifinals and a 19-3 technical fall over Charles Huffman of Columbus in the finals. Hernandez downed Cypress Bay's Santiago Portilla 5-2 to take 3rd. South Dade once again dominated 120 as two bucs, Tyler Orta and Arie Reyes, both advanced to the finals. Orta won by tech fall over top seed and 3A 106 lb. State Placer Ryan Boncamper of Miami Killian and Reyes downed Southwest's Zack Luis 9-6 to advance on the bottom side. Orta would down his workout partner 2-1 to take the 120 lb. title. Miami Beach's Daishaun Felton downed Hialeah Miami Lakes' Alexande Godinez 13-10 to take 3rd.
126-138: After esaping with a tough 6-4 decision over Coleby Barnes Riverdale in the 2nd round, top seed Jared Abramson of Wellington went on a tear, pinning his next 3 opponents to take the 126 lb. title. Abramson pinned South Dade's Christian Morales in the finals after Morales took out Columbus' Angel Curiel 11-1 in the bottom semifinal. Barnes won 6 in a row and beat Curiel 6-1 to take 3rd. 132 featured some excellent wrestlers and might have been one of the deepest weights of the tournament. 3A State Placer Alex Uriquiza of Southwest beat Coral Park's Marcus Abreu 5-0 in the top semifinals and then downed 1A State Placer (and transfer from Somerset Canyons) Alyis Mursuli of South Dade 12-4 in the finals. Mursuli beat Wellington's Tyler DiFiore 5-1 in the bottom semifinal. Abreu beat DiFiore 9-4 to take 3rd. One of the best wrestlers in the state, Franco Valdes of Southwest steamrolled through a very tough 138 lb. bracket. Valdes had 4 falls heading into the finals and then won by technical fall 22-6 over Palm Bay's Shane Stewart. Stewart was impressive in his run to the finals on the bottom side ... taking out Riverdale's Terrence Clayton 9-1 in the quarters and Columbus' State Placer Chris Bentley 7-6 in the semifinals. South Dade's Julian Ramirez took 3rd by injury default over Bentley in the consolation finals.
145-160: South Dade picked up another title when 3A State Placer Brevin Balmaceda downed Wellington's Eric Reid 11-2 to take the 145 lb. title. Balmaceda easily handled the field ... securing falls or major decisions the entire weekend. Reid's 5-0 decision over Palm Bay's Dylan Perrow in the bottom semifinal made a strong statement on why he should be considered a threat to be high on the podium in Kissimmee. Cardionte Wilson of Palmetto battled back from a 2nd round loss to Perrow to avenge his loss in the consolation finals and then downed Johnny Lovett of Southridge to take 3rd. South Dade continued the title streak as Todd Perry downed Jesse Martinez of Riverdale 11-8 to take the 152 lb. title. Southwest's Adrian Vidaud finished 3rd. 160 was also a fantastic weight and didn't disappoint. 3A State Placer Angel Delcueto of Southwest downed 2A State Placer Hunter Weeks of Riverdale 4-1 to take the title. Weeks beat fellow 2A State Placer Bryce Poppell of Palm Bay by injury default in the bottom semifinal. Poppell rebounded and easily took 3rd.
170-195: Southridge's Luis Rios had a tough road to the top step at 170. He held off Jorge Benitez of Southwest 3-1 in the quarters, Mikaell Fundora of South Dade 7-6 in the semi's and then beat Adrian Perez of Miami Beach 6-4 in the finals. Palm Bay's Matthew Cates, the top seed, made the semi's opposite Perez, but forfeited that match. He came back and pinned Fundora to take 3rd. Key West's Josh Hettel pinned Mater Academy's Brandon Castro to take the top spot at 182. Hettel pinned Doublas of South Dade in the top semifinal and Castro won the bottom semi by forfeit over South Miami's Chris Pardo (Pardo forfeited out to take 6th). Key West's Tyler Nitti, who lost earlier in the tournament to Pardo, battled back to finish 3rd. Killian's Marshall Sweet had 4 falls en route to the 195 lb. title. Sweet pinned Kenneth Crouse of South Dade for the top spot. Columbus' Henry Fernandez rebounded from his semifinal loss to Crouse to take 3rd.
220-285: Defending 3A State Champion Chei Hill of South Dade pinned Cypress Bay's Matthew Toribio to take the 220 lb. title. Piper's William Callaway, the #3 seed, bounced back from his 10-2 semifinal loss to Toribio to take 3rd. Defending 3A State Champ Kyron Taylor forfeited his semifinal match to Palm Bay's Ian Tomsett ... Taylor would forfeit out to 6th. That left the door open for Trayvonn Jackson of Killian to take the top spot ... pinning Tomsett in the finals. Columbus' Dylan Perez pinned Ferguson's Louis Pierre-Louis to take 3rd.
Category 5 Duals at Gainesville
No results posted
Brendan Buckley Invitational at Lake Howell
- Lake Highland Prep 305.0
- Evans 158.0
- Freedom Tampa 144.5
- Bishop Moore 121.0
- South Lake 90.5
- Lake Howell 87.5
- Lake Highland Prep B 86.0
- Bradenton Southeast 72.0
- Edgewater 68.0
- George Jenkins 66.0
- Harmony 66.0
- Lyman 52.0
- Dr. Phillips 50.0
- Satellite 47.5
- Celebration 28.0
- 106 Jake Wohltman (Lake Highland Prep) 3-0, Fr. over Bailey Flanagan (Lake Highland Prep B) 2-1, 8th. (Fall 0:23).
- 113 Ryan Chauvin (Lake Highland Prep) 3-0, Jr. over Garrett Hughes (Lake Highland Prep B) 2-1, 8th. (Fall 1:18).
- 120 Vincent Menozzi (Lake Highland Prep) 4-0, Fr. over Kane Dehnz (South Lake) 3-1, So. (Dec 10-3).
- 126 Tommy Barker (Freedom Tampa) 3-0, Jr. over Travis Pawlowski (South Lake) 2-1, So. (Dec 7-5).
- 132 Joey Silva (Lake Highland Prep) 3-0, Jr. over Kolin Marsh (Satellite) 2-1, . (Fall 3:09).
- 138 Mason Wohltman (Lake Highland Prep) 4-0, Sr. over Gerald Miller (Freedom Tampa) 2-1, Jr. (Fall 0:00).
- 145 Alex Kiester (Freedom Tampa) 4-0, . over Cameron Monzadeh (Lake Highland Prep) 3-1, So. (Dec 5-2).
- 152 Logan Andrew (Lake Highland Prep) 4-0, Sr. over Austin Gilhart (Harmony) 2-1, Sr. (Dec 12-6).
- 160 Erich Byelick (Lake Highland Prep) 4-0, Jr. over Brad Kata (Bishop Moore) 3-1, Sr. (MD 22-10).
- 170 Bryce Rogers (Lake Highland Prep) 4-0, Sr. over Justin Segarra (Lake Howell) 2-1, Jr. (Inj. 0:00).
- 182 Stephen Kelle (Bradenton Southeast) 3-0, Sr. over Luis Forestal (Dr. Phillips) 3-1, Sr. (Fall 1:22).
- 195 George Schanck (Evans) 2-0, Sr. over Joey Miller (Edgewater) 2-1, Jr. (Fall 1:00).
- 220 Ben Goldin (Lake Highland Prep) 3-0, Jr. over Demetrius Daniels (Evans) 2-1, . (Fall 0:59).
- 285 Curtis Ruff (Lake Highland Prep) 4-0, Fr. over Carter Harris (Harmony) 3-1, . (Dec 9-2).
- 106 Angel Giraldo (Lake Howell) 2-1, So. over Tremindous Williams (Edgewater) 1-2, . (Fall 1:48).
- 113 Tanner Kitta (South Lake) 2-1, Fr. over Luis Pasarell (Lake Howell) 1-2, Jr. (Fall 2:24).
- 120 Linerce Daceis (Evans) 3-1, . over Matthew Salerno (Bishop Moore) 1-2, Fr. (Fall 2:49).
- 126 Jamel Clue (Dr. Phillips) 3-1, Sr. over William Mitchell (Edgewater) 2-2, Sr. (Dec 6-2).
- 132 Jake Wheeler (Bishop Moore) 3-1, Jr. over Alex Prosise (South Lake) 2-2, So. (Fall 3:22).
- 138 Steve Goldware (Lake Highland Prep B) 2-1, So. over Nicholas Carrasquillo (Evans) 2-2, . (Fall 3:42).
- 145 Max Cosmides (Lake Highland Prep B) 2-1, Jr. over DeAndrew Walker (Evans) 1-2, . (Dec 2-1).
- 152 Avery Royster (Freedom Tampa) 3-1, Sr. over Jacob Carbonell (Bishop Moore) 2-2, So. (Dec 15-14).
- 160 Hunter Brinkman (Lake Highland Prep B) 2-1, Fr. over William Smith (George Jenkins) 1-2, So. (Dec 10-3).
- 170 Ikzac Dixon (Evans) 2-1, Sr. over Tony Delpalazzo (Lyman) 1-2, Sr. (Fall 2:43).
- 182 Brian Roche (Bishop Moore) 2-1, Sr. over Schalom Maignan (Evans) 1-2, Sr. (Inj. 0:00).
- 195 Sloan Cullifer (George Jenkins) 2-1, Jr. over Jerome Altvater (Satellite) 0-2, . (Fall 3:45).
- 220 Fransisco Ruiz (Lyman) 2-1, Sr. over Shaquille Kellyman (Dr. Phillips) 0-2, Jr. (Dec 3-1).
- 285 Chevaughn Rose (Bradenton Southeast) 2-1, Sr. over David Melo (Lake Howell) 2-2, Sr. (Fall 2:38).
Grenadier Duals II at Colonial
- 1st - Lake Nona High School
- 2nd - Cypress Creek High School
- 3rd - Oak Ridge High School
- 4th - East River High School
- 5th - Ridge Community High School
- 6th - Colonial High School
Battle at the Beach Duals at Jensen Beach
4th Annual Somerset Duals at Somerset Academy
Weeki Wachee Duals
Only thing available was here.
Optimist Invitational at Terry Parker
Team Scores (top 10):
- Mandarin 182.0
- Englewood 144.5
- St Augustine 135.0
- Atlantic Coast 127.0
- Sandalwood 110.0
- Ponte Vedra 103.0
- Edward H White 95.0
- University Christian School 81.0
- Florida Deaf and Blind 55.0
- Episcopal 44.0
- 106 Matthew Rodriquez (University Christian School) 3-0, 8th. over Gavin Riccobono (Ponte Vedra) 1-1, So. (Fall 1:23).
- 113 Cameron Wiley (University Christian School) 3-0, So. over Reynaldo Suero-Perez (Florida Deaf and Blind) 2-1, Fr. (Fall 3:41).
- 120 Daniel Porter (University Christian School) 3-0, Jr. over Leon Cruz (Sandalwood) 2-1, Jr. (Dec 5-1).
- 126 Gunner Stier (Mandarin) 3-0, So. over Ethan Swindle (St Augustine) 2-1, Fr. (Fall 1:13).
- 132 Timothy Alalla (St Augustine) 3-0, Sr. over James Stanton (Ponte Vedra) 3-1, Sr. (Fall 1:53).
- 138 Justin Stoddard (Edward H White) 4-0, Jr. over Nicholas Thomson (St Augustine) 2-1, Sr. (Fall 4:25).
- 145 Tywaine Rachebrun (Atlantic Coast) 3-0, Sr. over Tanner Kern (Englewood) 2-1, Sr. (Dec 10-4).
- 152 Adam Spikes (Mandarin) 3-0, Sr. over Marcus Petersen (St Augustine) 2-1, Jr. (Fall 1:32).
- 160 Tavian Whitehead (Englewood) 3-0, Sr. over Blake Pruitt (Mandarin) 2-1, Sr. (Fall 2:14).
- 170 Christian Rickey (Episcopal) 3-0, Sr. over Tracey Beshara (St Augustine) 2-1, Jr. (Fall 5:22).
- 182 Dillon Morency (Sandalwood) 3-0, Jr. over Michel Augustin (Englewood) 2-1, Sr. (Fall 0:23).
- 195 Cole Friend (Sandalwood) 3-0, Sr. over Mateo Drury (Mandarin) 2-1, Sr. (Dec 6-4).
- 220 Kirk Jackson (Atlantic Coast) 3-0, Sr. over Freddy Dollison (Episcopal) 2-1, So. (Fall 0:38).
- 285 Karam Hill (Englewood) 3-0, Jr. over Darius Idlebird (Atlantic Coast) 2-1, Sr. (Fall 5:31).
Peter Barker Memorial at Dunedin
Top 10 Team Scores:
- Robinson 178.0
- Northeast 169.0
- Wiregrass 145.0
- Dunedin 142.0
- Gulf 137.0
- Calvary Christian Academy 106.5
- Seminole 102.0
- Durant 99.0
- Sarasota Military Academy 92.0
- Saint Stephens 90.0
- 106 DANYA JONES (Gibbs) 4-0, Sr. over Sean Cervin (Sarasota Military Academy) 3-1, So. (Fall 1:54).
- 113 Michael Sarron (Calvary Christian Academy) 4-0, Fr. over Isaac Guillermo (Robinson) 3-1, So. (Fall 4:24).
- 120 DILLON OTTINGER (Admiral Farragut) 4-0, Sr. over Hunter Gast (Dunedin) 3-1, Sr. (Fall 2:16).
- 126 Austin Agazarm (Gulf) 4-0, Jr. over Gabriel Ramirez (Immokalee) 3-1, So. (Fall 2:35).
- 132 Max Manning (Saint Stephens ) 4-0, Jr. over Nathan Napolitano (Gulf) 3-1, Sr. (Fall 1:50).
- 138 Grant Cardwell (Dunedin) 4-0, Sr. over Kaipo Frietas (Wiregrass) 3-1, Sr. (Dec 15-9).
- 145 Casey Debrecht (Calvary Christian Academy) 4-0, Jr. over Norge Pena (River Ridge) 3-1, . (Fall 1:03).
- 152 Josh Felix (Dunedin) 5-0, Jr. over ISAIAH THURMON (Seminole) 3-1, Jr. (Fall 1:35).
- 160 Devin Praesel (Wiregrass) 4-0, Sr. over Winchester Dermody (Largo) 3-1, . (Fall 0:42).
- 170 Mason Gordon (Sarasota Military Academy) 4-0, Jr. over Jake Ross (Saint Stephens ) 3-1, Jr. (Dec 6-4).
- 182 Anthony Burburija (Countryside) 4-0, So. over Jaquan Jackson (Robinson) 3-1, Jr. (Fall 1:05).
- 195 Cody Johns (Durant) 3-0, Sr. over GRANT KESSELER (Seminole) 2-1, So. (Fall 5:33).
- 220 Marcell Scott (Northeast) 3-0, . over Steven Vazquez (Durant) 3-1,
- 285 Justin Aponte (Wiregrass) 4-0, Sr. over DAMIAN DOESBURG (NS) (Northeast) 3-1, Jr. (Dec 19-13).
Royal Palm Beach Invitational
Seminole Classic at Florida High
Lincoln posted 344 points and downed 2nd place Florida High by 44.5 points (344 to 229.5). Yulee was 3rd, Leon 4th, and Raines 5th.
- 106: Brooks Dyer (Florida High)
- 113: Mark Munroe (Lincoln)
- 120: Stevie Chopek (Yulee)
- 126: Dylan Youmans (Yulee)
- 132: Bryan Metcalf (Florida High)
- 138: Duncan Weaver (Florida High)
- 145: Max Harris (Florida High)
- 152: Alonzo Davis (Raines)
- 160: Justin Grant (Leon)
- 170: Jared Newhall (Lincoln)
- 182: JT Grant (Leon)
- 195: Henry Segura (Leon)
- 220: Cam Brown (Florida High)
- 285: Thomas Moss (Lincoln)
Clash of Titans at University
Camden crowned 6 individual champions and added 4 runners-up and beat Florida 3A power Winter Springs 81 points en route to the Clash of Titans title. Hagerty finished 3rd, Freedom 4th, and Fleming Island 5th. Shannon Heaton and Northwest Florida Matmen have the full brackets and team scores. They can be found here. Here is a quick recap ...
106-120: Ryan Rowland of Hagerty took out Camden's Nicholas Krug 2-1 to take the 106 lb. title. Krug beat Briar Jackson of Fleming Island 8-6 in the top semifinal ... Jackson would rebound and finish 3rd. Camden crowned their 1st title when Tyler Crew downed Fleming Island's Albie Snedaker 2-0 at 113. Crew easily handled the top side of the bracket, whereas Snedaker had to outlast Freedom's Armstrong Lubin 7-6 in the bottom semifinal ... Lubin would take 3rd with a 5-2 decision over Brandon Boyle of Hagerty. Camden's Brandon Orum was very impressive en route to the 120 lb. title. Orum downed Freedom's (and #2 seed) Smaill St Pierre 8-2 in the bottom semifinal and then beat Fleming Island's DeAndre Demus(the top seed) 10-3 to take the title. Saint Pierre downed Tyler Montes of West Orange 7-2 to take 3rd.
126-138: Freedom's Marcus Jean Baptiste, the #3 seed, downed Jeff Bell of Camden in the quarters, #2 seed Jacob Sandoval of Fleming Island 13-3 in the semi's and #4 Emauni Smithson of Hagerty 8-3 to take the 126 lb. title. Top seed Eddie Vazquez fell to Smithson in the top semifinal and then lost to Lake Brantley's Robert Flanders 6-4 to finish 4th. Camden added another title at 132 when Lucas Nelson, the top seed, downed Winter Springs' JJ Contreras 9-0. Mason Perkins, the #2 seed, bounced back from a semifinal loss to Contreras to finish 3rd (downing Lake Mary's Manny Fernandez 9-2). Camden's freshman State Champion Raydan Wilder has bumped up in weight and took the 138 lb. title with relative ease. Wilder, the top seed, took a 13-0 major decision over Vince Hauser of Fleming Island in the top semifinal (Hauder would come back to take 3rd) and pinned Freedom's Brenden Maharaj in the 1st period to take the 138 lb. title.
145-160: Camden added another title when nationally-ranked Denton Spencer took out Ethan Woods of Hagerty 8-2 at 145. Miles Banks of Lake Mary downed Mike Esler of Winter Springs for 3rd. Fleming Island crowned their only champ of the tournament at 152. Paul Detwiler downed top seed Bryce Crew 6-4 to take the 152 lb. title. 152 was an excellent weight class with #3 seed Detwiler downing #2 seed Dimitri Alicea of Winter Springs in overtime in the bottom semifinal (Alicea came back to take 3rd). World Cadet Team member (and 2x State Runner-up and 1x State Champ) Max Wohlabaugh dominated the 160 lb. bracket. Wohlabaugh earned a 9-0 major decision over Camden's Anthony Carter. Carter, unseeded, downed #2 seed Briso Aimable of Freedom by major decision in the quarters. Deland's Will Hennessey, the #4 seed, downed #3 seed Oliver Hart of Hagerty 12-5 to take 3rd.
170-195: SO NOT A SHOCKER AT ALL ... BUNMI SMITH OF CAMDEN EARNED A TECH FALL OVER DEGROAT IN THE FINALS TO TAKE THE 170 LB. TITLE (ORIGINAL WORDING HAS BEEN LEFT IN AND ITALICIZED AS BEING INCORRECT). In a shocker ... Jason DeGroat of Winter Springs, the #3 seed, took out Lake Brantley's Nate Ferkovich 3-1 in the bottom semifinal and then pinned defending Georgia State Champion Bunmi Smith to take the 170 lb. title. Ferkovich major decisioned Hagerty's Evan Wright to take 3rd. Apopka's Logan Celella, the top seed, downed Jessiah Contreras of Winter Springs 9-6 to take the 182 lb. title. Jorge Betancourte of University pinned RJ Woodard of Camden to take 3rd. Top seed Antonio Stewart downed CJ Haverty of Deland 3-1 to take the 195 lb. title. Justin Marotta of Freedom finished 3rd.
220-285: Zach Gallon, the top seed, made it 2 for 2 for Apopka in the finals when he downed Braden Buswell of Seabreeze 4-0 to take the 220 lb. title. Deland's Terence Neat, the #4 seed, dropped his 1st match to Freedom's Patchiney Prophete and then had to win 5 in a row to take 3rd. Hagerty's Christian Gomez, the #3 seed, downed #2 seed Jose Concepcion of Fleming Island in the bottom semi and then decisioned top seed TJ Boyd of Winter Springs to take the 285 lb. title. Concepcion bounced back and pinned Mac McNeilly of Olympia for 3rd.
14th Annual Gary Freis Duals
2A power Lake Gibson downed each of the teams in Pool B by an average of 14 points and continued that dominance into day 2 (average 11 points) and the championship pool. Charlotte finished 2nd with Palmetto Ridge was 3rd. Lake Gibson's phenomenal freshman Ashton Habiel was the outstanding lightweight and Ft. Myers' Jamey Vasquez was the outstanding upperweight. Thank you to Coach Markowski for sharing the dual meet scores from each match ... that information is located below.
Day 1 Results
- Olympic Heights
- Fort Myers
- Ida Baker
- South Fort Myers
- Fort Myers 55, Ida Baker 24
- Olympic Heights 72, South Ft Myers 10
- Fort Myers 72, South Fort Myers 9
- Olympic Heights 66, Ida Baker 15
- Olympic Heights 52, Fort Myers 19
- Ida Baker 42, South Fort Myers 22
- Lake Gibson
- Palmetto Ridge
- Cypress Lake
- Lake Gibson 65, Cypress Lake 12
- Palmetto Ridge 53, Dunbar 24
- Lake Gibson 63, Dunbar 12
- Palmetto Ridge 56, Cypress Lake 12
- Lake Gibson 50, Palmetto Ridge 18
- Dunbar 48, Cypress Lake 27
- Lakewood Ranch
- Evangelical Christian
- Charlotte 66, Evangelical Christian 3
- Lely 54, Lakewood Ranch 30
- Charlotte 51, Lakewood Ranch 27
- Lely 78, Evangelical Christian 6
- Charlotte 54, Lely 21
- Lakewood Ranch 54, Evangelical Christian 5
Day 2 Results
- Round 1
- Charlotte 49, Ft Myers 26
- Olympic Heights 40, Palmetto Ridge 30
- Lake Gibson 66, Lely 6
- Round 2
- Lake Gibson 60, Ft Myers 15
- Charlotte 46, Olympic Heights 27
- Palmetto Ridge 45, Lely 6
- Round 3
- Palmetto Ridge 57, Ft Myers 19
- Olympic Heights 45, Lely 22
- Lake Gibson 61, Charlotte 12
- Round 1
- Cypress Lake 51, Ida Baker 27
- Lakewood Ranch 50, South Ft Myers 0
- Dunbar 78, Evangelical Christian 3
- Round 2
- Ida Baker 37, Lakewood Ranch 36
- Cypress Lake 72, Evangelical Christian 6
- Dunbar 76, South Ft Myers 6
- Round 3
- Ida Baker 48, Evangelical Christian 12
- Cypress Lake 78, South Ft Myers 6
- Dunbar 42, Lakewood Ranch 30
Battle at the Gate
Lions Duals at Peachtree Ridge
Forsyth Central downed Whitewater 49-15, Johns Creek 39-36, Starr's Mill 60-18, and Discovery 66-9 to take the title in Pool A. Lambert beat Shiloh 37-4, Riverside Military Academy 59-18, Wesleyan 57-24, and Peachtree Ridge 36-33 to take the top spot in Pool B. Lambert then beat Forsyth Central 43-30 to take the title. Peachtree Ridge beat Johns Creek 53-22 to take 3rd. Top wrestlers by weight (keep in mind many wrestlers wrestled different weights):
- 106 Drew Munsey (Whitewater) and Cameron Smith (Peachtree Ridge)
- 113 Abraham Perez (Forsyth Central)
- 120 Payton Mitchell (Lambert)
- 126 Jonathan Sampson (Peachtree Ridge)
- 132 Andrew Kim (Johns Creek) and Alex Dobleman (Lambert)
- 138 Scean Major (Johns Creek)
- 145 Kyle Brown (Peachtree Ridge) and Colin Kasler (Starr's Mill)
- 152 Daniel Morin (Lambert) and William Delk and Matthew Brown (Wesleyan)
- 160 Cole Burke (Lambert) and Khiree Seabrook (Discovery)
- 170 Grant Marshall (Wesleyan)
- 182 Nima Rezaei (Johns Creek) and Eric Kohlins (Lambert)
- 195 Ethan Young (Lambert), Matthew Maruszak (Johns Creek), and Musa Ali (Whitewater)
- 220 Sebastian Legarra (Forsyth Central) and Chapman Pendery (Wesleyan)
- 285 Jake Gardner (Forsyth Central) and Tre Shaw (Peachtree Ridge)
Wolverine Classic at Woodstock
An outstanding field at the Wolverine Classic, unfortunately we are once again light on the details with Georgia tournaments. We know Woodland was first and North Paulding was 2nd. We know North Paulding's Bradley Bitting (126), Jesse DeJames (152), and KC Cline (182) each took first and teammates Lester (113), Allen (120), Starnes (145), and Cline (160) were 3rd.
Compound Duals at Mountain View - UPDATED
One of the best dual tournaments in the Southeast. Little to report. We know that Mountain View downed North Forsyth 35-27 to take the title and that North Forsyth beat Pope 56-18, Lumpkin Coutny 44-28, and East Coweta 56-14 (based on @NFWrestling). We also know that the field included South Paulding, Cass, North Hall, Hillgrove, Heritage-Catoosa in addition to those mentioned above. Many of the teams listed should be in the running for a dual state title, so getting full results would be interesting.
10th Annual Jeff Davis Duals
Only results reported were from Toombs County - they went 9-0 ... dual meet scores are below.
- Ware 39-27 in the Finals
- Pierce 50-15
- Vidalia 71-8
- Islands 72-3
- Brantley 65-12
- Dodge 66-16
- Cook 71-12
- Loganville 60-13
- Warner Robins 70-7
Hoya Invitational at Harrison
Harrison has a fantastic website, but no results from the tournament have been posted. Congrats to Morgan County's Kevin Berisko on earning the OW.
Panther Invitational at Jackson County - UPDATED
Looks like a great tournament, but once again we are light on details. Based on the tweets ... West Oak ventured down from South Carolina and took home the team title and Georgia 2x State Champ Matt Waddell of Gilmer was named the OW. GA 1A Power Commerce finished 6th, but were missing many of their wrestlers because of football season. Normally I would do a more significant write-up on a tournament that included so many good teams and matches, but with it being Monday evening ... I need to turn my attention to next weekend's preview and continued work on some rankings.
Team scores (Top 10):
- West Oak 199.50
- Jefferson 192.50
- Gilmer County 179.00
- Jackson County 156.00
- West Laurens 141.50
- Commerce 127.00
- Elbert County 114.50
- Fitzgerald 99.00
- Clarke Central 98.00
- Effingham County 97.50
- 1st Brandon Navixay CC 3- 0
- 2nd Kelvin Martin FITZ 2- 1
- 3rd Grayson Patterson GILM 4- 1
- 4th Dakota Moon COMM 3- 2
- 1st Vincent Manella WL 4- 0
- 2nd Justin Smith WOK 3- 1
- 3rd Jacob Brasseur LEX 4- 1
- 4th Dan Puac GILM 3- 2
- 1st Jarrad Blackburn JEFF 4- 0
- 2nd Makenzie Rannals LAN 3- 1
- 3rd Jordan Lee WOK 3- 1
- 4th Domingo Reynoso GILM 3- 2
- 1st Ian Statia JEFF 4- 0
- 2nd Jamarcus Allen ELB 3- 1
- 3rd Jared Smith WOK 4- 1
- 4th Logan McGowan WL 3- 2
- 1st Dawson Bates JEFF 4- 0
- 2nd Cody Bond MAD 3- 1
- 3rd Kessler Derrick LEX 4- 1
- 4th Morgan Mitchell FITZ 3- 2
- 1st Chandler Saine JC 4- 0
- 2nd Cole Potts JEFF 3- 1
- 3rd Drew Dyer GILM 4- 1
- 4th Jordan Hughley RDG 4- 2
- 1st Ben Touray CC 4- 0
- 2nd Zach Bolton ELB 3- 1
- 3rd Coy Strong JEFF 4- 1
- 4th Ben Martin WOK 3- 2
- 1st Me'Shai Coleman CC 4- 0
- 2nd Jake Brewer COMM 3- 1
- 3rd Blake Beasley WL 4- 1
- 4th Dustin Armstrong FITZ 4- 2
- 1st Kevin Almond ELB 4- 0
- 2nd Mason Corbett JEFF 3- 1
- 3rd Matt Malcom EAST 4- 1
- 4th Connor Smith EJ 3- 2
- 1st Owen Brown COMM 4- 0
- 2nd Melvin Nimely CC 3- 1
- 3rd Cam Butler WL 4- 1
- 4th Ethan Wilson LAN 3- 2
- 1st Matthew Waddell GILM 4- 0
- 2nd Caleb Little JEFF 3- 1
- 3rd Mitchell Patton COMM 4- 1
- 4th Zebrandon Gant EFF 3- 2
- 1st Ryan Crump GILM 4- 0
- 2nd Brantley Emanuel EFF 3- 1
- 3rd Kyle Graham JC 4- 1
- 4th Tate Capps WOK 3- 2
- 1st Chris Henderson RDG 3- 0
- 2nd Knox Allen COMM 3- 1
- 3rd Ashton Gibson ELB 3- 1
- 4th Cameron Hamby WOK 2- 2
- 1st Gavin Jones WOK 4- 0
- 2nd Joseph Horne WL 3- 1
- 3rd Keith Harris GAIN 5- 1
- 4th Stephen King JC 3- 2
King of the Mountain
Franklin County (GA) are the Kings of the Mountain in 2016. Franklin County finished with 1 champ, 3 runners-up, and 1 3rd place finisher to hold off Runner-up Banks County by 16 points (176.5 to 160.5). Blessed Trinity was 3rd with 145, Notre Dame out of Tennessee was 4th and East Hall finished 5th. Full brackets can be found at Towns County's website.
- 106 Cade Holloway (Notre Dame) md. Landon Galloway (Fannin County)
- 113 Zack Meadows (Pickens County) fall Chris Duck (Franklin County)
- 120 Koby Milner (Pickens County) dec. Noah Bullock (Dacula)
- 126 Grant Speer (Notre Dame) Fall Kaine Hoffman (Towns County)
- 132 Ned Warwick (Notre Dame) dec. James Stoudenmire (East Hall)
- 138 Noah Kile (Blessed Trinity) md. Ryan Buffington (East Hall)
- 145 Conner Spence (Pisgah) dq over Joey Brinsmaid (Blessed Trinity)
- 152 Matthew McClellan (Chestatee) dec. Christian Hardin (Franklin County)
- 160 Abe Hafez (Franklin County) dec. Vincent Baker (Blessed Trinity) - North Carolina 1A State Champ Anthony Toineeta took 3rd after falling to Baker in the semifinals.
- 170 Luke Woodward (Cherokee) dec. Davis Day (Banks County)
- 182 John Brooks (Banks County) tf. Jack Filipowicz (Blessed Trinity)
- 195 Terrance Walker (Banks County) fall Ricardo Vazquez (West Hall)
- 220 Isaiah Jenkins (East Hall) fall Dylan Hedden (Franklin County)
- 285 Deejay Fleming (White County) fall Caleb Hines (Calvary Day)
Falcon Frenzy at West Henderson
Top 10 Teams:
- Enka 238.5
- North Henderson 203.5
- McDowell 149.0
- Erwin 145.5
- Robbinsville 142.0
- Pigeon Forge 136.0
- Gibbs 131.5
- A C Reynolds 91.0
- Pisgah 81.0
- Greeneville 74.0
Weight class breakdown:
106-120: Unseeded freshman Corbin Dion downed Tyler Broome of Robbinsville 9-8 in the quarters and then proceeded to knock off Braden Riggs of Pisgah 8-4 in the semi's and Colton Poole of Pigeon Forge (TN) 4-3 in the finals. Top seed Kylan Gilliand of TC Roberson rebounded from his semifinal loss to Poole to take 3rd. NC 3A 106 lb. State Champ Josh Blatt of North Henderson pinned everyone en route to the finals where he met Enka's State Placer Melvin Rubio. Platt would come out on top 2-0 and claim the 113 lb. title. Both Blatt and Rubio were significantly better than the field. Erwin's Holden Cotzin, the #4 seed, finished 3rd. 4A 120 lb. State Champion Toney McGee of McDowell had a fall, a 14-4 major, and a 1st period pin to take the 120 lb. title. McGee pinned 1A 113 lb. State Runner-up Arlus Orr of Robbinsville with 2 seconds remaining in the 1st period to take the top spot. Caleb Smith, the #4 seed, of Southwest Guilford bounced back from his semifinal loss to McGee to take 3rd with a nice 3-1 decision over Pigeon Forge's Caleb York (A Tennessee 1A-2A State Placer at 113 in 2016).
126-138: Top seed Nik Lord of Southwest Guilford downed #2 seed Kade Millsaps 7-2 to take the top spot at 126. North Henderson's Joshua Felize rebounded from his semifinal loss to Millsaps to take 3rd. Pigeon Forge's Gavin Hutchens was dominant en route to the top spot at 132. Hutchens had 2 tech falls and a 13-1 major decision over Landon Adzima of Gibbs to take the title. Adzima, a 2016 3A State Placer, had a tough 3-2 win over Southwest Guilford's Deven Snyder to advance to the finals. #4 seed Ion Cojocari would avenge an earlier loss to Enka's Chance Cryderman and take 3rd. Enka's Phil Daub, 2nd in 3A at 120 last season, had 3 falls and then downed Erwin's Justin Payne 7-2 to take the 138 lb. title. Payne, the #2 seed and a 3A State Placer in NC in 2016, took out TN 2016 1A-2A 106 lb. State Champ Dymond Smith of Pigeon Forge 9-1 in the bottom semifinal. Morgan King of North Henderson, the #4 seed, downed Smith 5-0 to take 3rd.
145-160: #2 seed, and 2016 NC 3A State Placer, Will Baldwin of North Henderson pinned top seed, and NC 1A State Placer, Drake Cable of Robbinsville in overtime to claim the 145 lb. title. Both Cable and Baldwin were unchallenged en route to the finals. #4 seed Chris Bang of Enka downed #3 seed Matthew Maxwell of Gibbs 13-8 to take 3rd. North Henderson's Paul Searcy, a 2016 NC 3A State Placer at 145 had 3 falls, including one over Jacob Phillips of McDowell, the #2 seed, to claim the 152 lb. title. West Henderson's Dakota Shamburger downed Calvin Jones of East Rutherford to take 3rd. Unseeded Logan Roth of Brevard had 2 falls, a nice 17-2 technical fall over #2 seed Ethan Rogers of Erwin before downing top seed Noel Leyva of Gibbs 5-4 to take the 160 lb. title. Rogers easily fought back and took 3rd.
170-195: Another unseeded wrestler, this time Victor Tello of Riverside (South Carolina) took the title at 170. Tello had 3 falls, including a 1st period pin of Anthony Johnson of Erwin in the finals. #3 seed Nathan King of North Henderson fought back after a quarterfinal loss to Tello to take 3rd. TN 3A 182 lb. State Placer Hunter Fortner picked up where he left off last season ... tallying 3 falls in less than 3 minutes en route to the finals and then earnign a 16-0 technical fall over Enka's Tanner Revis, the #3 seed, in the finals. #2 seed, and TN 1A-2A 182 lb. State Placer, Ethan Olinger rebounded from his semifinal loss to Revis to take 3rd. Elijah Lawson, the #2 seed, of Gibbs downed top seed James Turley of Christ School 9-5 to take the 195 lb. title. #4 seed Elijah Ballew of Enka was 3rd.
220-285: Defending TN 1A-2A 220 lb. State Champion Nicholas Foster had to go to overtime to down #2 seed Luis Herrera of McDowell to claim the 220 lb. title. Greg Johnston of TC Roberson finished 3rd. East Henderson's Ethan Frank escaped a close 5-4 decision over Dylan Epping of East Rutherford in the bottom semifinal before earning the 285 lb. title by way of pin over top seed Logan Odom of Robbinsville. Epping would fight back and take 3rd.
Lake Norman Duals
- Union Grove (GA) 55, Lake Norman (NC) 21
- Mt St Joseph (MD) 72, Apex Friendship(NC) 10
- Union Pines (NC) 42, Kellam (VA) 33
- Independence (WV) 57, Croatan (NC) 15
- Fred T Foard (NC) 35, Ashley Ridge (SC) 24
- Union Grove (GA) 64, Apex Friendship (NC) 18
- Mt St Joseph (MD) 65, Union Pines (NC) 4
- Croatan (NC) 48, Lake Norman (NC) 36
- Independence (WV) 54, Ashley Ridge (SC) 15
- Fred T Foard (NC) 45, Kellam (VA) 24
- Union Grove (GA) 48, Union Pines (NC) 24
- Lake Norman (NC) 66, Apex Friendship (NC) 15
- Mt St Joseph (MD) 58, Fred T Foard (NC), 9
- Independence (WV) 50, Kellam (VA) 17
- Croatan (NC) 46, Ashley Ridge (SC) 28
- Mt St Joseph (MD) 30, Union Grove (GA) 27
- Lake Norman (NC) 45, Union Pines (NC) 36
- Ashley Ridge (SC) 48, Apex Friendship (NC) 24
- Independence (WV) 52, Fred T Foard (NC) 15
- Kellam (VA) 50, Croatan (NC) 25
- Mt St Joseph (MD) 39, Independence (WV) 26
- Union Grove (GA) 38, Fred T Foard (NC), 34
- Kellam (VA) 66, Apex Friendship (NC), 9
- Ashley Ridge (SC) 46, Lake Norman (NC), 33
- Union Pines (NC) 39, Croatan (NC) 30
Green Hope Grapple
Team Scores (top 10):
- Green Hope 193.0
- Cape Fear 146.5
- Cary Academy 108.5
- Wakefield 91.0
- Neuse Charter 82.0
- Hoke County 76.0
- Eastern Wayne 72.0
- Bunn 63.5
- Hillside 49.0
- Chatham Charter 44.0
- 106 Mario Harper of Eastern Wayne
- 113 Marcelino Aponte III of Cape Fear
- 120 Dallas Wilson of Cape Fear
- 126 Christian Sodano of Cary Academy
- 132 Chapman Fitzgerald of Cary Academy
- 138 Julian Sodano of Cary Academy
- 145 Aiden Callahan of Green Hope
- 152 Jared Barbour of Cape Fear
- 160 Jalen Kelly of Bunn
- 170 Michael Vernagallo of Cape Fear
- 182 Tavis Rhodes of Hillside
- 195 Andrew Becvar of Green Hope
- 220 Alex Etgen of Green Hope
- 285 Tristan Wellons of Neuse Charter
45th Annual Indian Classic at St Stephens
- St Stephens 189.0
- West Lincoln 159.0
- North Lincoln 136.5
- Bunker Hill 122.0
- East Burke 95.0
- Lincolnton 77.0
- West Iredell 73.0
- South Iredell 64.0
- North Gaston 37.0
- Bandys 26.0
- 106 Parker Howell of Bunker Hill
- 113 Desmen Jefferies of Lincolnton
- 120 Landon Shuford of West Iredell
- 126 Christopher Gilbert of East Burke
- 132 Keaton Norman of West Lincoln
- 138 Eddie Brannock of St Stephens
- 145 Nathan Hull of West Lincoln
- 152 Julian Perdue of Lincolnton
- 160 Jordan Bolling of St Stephens
- 170 Jonathan Si Hilton of North Lincoln
- 182 Salvador Gilvaja of St Stephens
- 195 Zach Harris of Bunker Hill
- 220 Nathan Powell of North Lincoln
- 285 Gabriel Young of South Iredell
Jim Hayes Invitational at East Mecklenburg
- Hopewell 210.0
- Carson 197.5
- South Stokes 142.5
- Concord 100.0
- Rocky River 89.0
- Anson County 78.5
- Ardrey Kell 72.0
- Northwest Cabarrus 69.0
- East Mecklenburg 57.0
- Queens Grant 41.0
- 106 Ernest Faison (Rocky River) 3-0, Fr. over Manuel Espino (South Stokes) 23-15, Sr. (Dec 9-8).
- 113 Josh Vega (Carson) 28-5, So. over Terrell Washington (Hopewell) 8-5, Fr. (TF-1.5 0:00 (16-1)).
- 120 Martin Garcia (Hopewell) 6-5, Sr. over Todd Smith (Concord) 2-1, Fr. (Fall 1:53).
- 126 Jackson Boles (South Stokes) 2-0, Fr. over Jesse Bell (Queens Grant) 12-15, Jr. (Fall 4:15).
- 132 Nolan Edens (Hopewell) 39-14, Sr. over Ricky Gonzalez (South Stokes) 3-1, Fr. (Dec 6-0).
- 138 Devon Yuker (Carson) 3-0, Sr. over Logan Brown (Hopewell) 21-21, Jr. (MD 23-10).
- 145 Bronson Knabbe (Carson) 4-0, Sr. over Laurance Lanavae (West Mecklenburg) 28-9, Sr. (Fall 2:36).
- 152 Cameron Rayfield (Carson) 28-5, Sr. over Liam Kirkpatrick (Hopewell) 7-12, Jr. (Fall 5:42).
- 160 Bailey Rayfield (Carson) 26-5, Sr. over Joshua Dixon (East Mecklenburg) 12-19, Jr. (Fall 5:57).
- 170 Noah Goertzen (Concord) 14-11, Sr. over Michael Huey (Hopewell) 20-18, Sr. (Dec 5-4).
- 182 Austin Cain (Carson) 13-11, Sr. over Caleb Mingo (East Mecklenburg) 13-19, Sr. (Fall 0:37).
- 195 Nikalus Leak (Anson County) 31-12, . over Chase Hamlin (Northwest Cabarrus) 34-18, Jr. (Dec 11-6).
- 220 Jeff Linker (Northwest Cabarrus) 46-9, Sr. over Dakota Allen (East Mecklenburg) 2-1, Jr. (Fall 0:57).
- 285 Isaac Cochran (Concord) 16-11, Jr. over Alex Vasques-Ortiz (Carson) 10-13, Sr. (Dec 7-1).
Grant Wilder Wilson Invitational at Rocky Mount
- Western Harnett 171.0
- Rocky Mount 125.5
- Aycock 107.5
- Farmville Central 105.0
- Southern Nash 98.0
- Northern Nash 82.0
- Dinwiddie 78.0
- Broughton 69.5
- Southern Wayne Senior 49.5
- South Central 43.0
- 106 Austin Doyle of Aycock
- 113 Rahsun Lawrence of Rocky Mount
- 120 Trevor Wicker of Western Harnett
- 126 Dustin Clift of Farmville Central
- 132 Keyonte Williams of Rocky Mount
- 138 Wilson Smith of Rocky Mount
- 145 Trequan Alston of Southern Vance
- 152 Tyler Hughes of Aycock
- 160 Christian Hite of Broughton
- 170 Blake Smith of Dinwiddie
- 182 James Clark of Western Harnett
- 195 Ryan Martin of Dinwiddie
- 220 Dillon Joyner of Northern Nash
- 285 Jaqwuez Norman of Farmville Central
30th Annual Swiss Bear Classic at New Bern
Top 10 Teams:
- Dixon 158.0
- West Carteret 151.5
- New Bern 137.5
- Wake Forest 121.0
- Athens Drive 87.5
- Jacksonville 83.0
- D.H. Conley 64.5
- Pamlico 57.0
- Northside 55.5
- Southwest Onslow 54.0
- 106 Tyler Bird (West Craven) 6-0, Sr. over Will Dudley (New Bern) 8-4, Jr. (Dec 4-2).
- 113 Corey Smith (Dixon) 14-0, Jr. over Jerrian Moore (New Bern) 3-2, Jr. (Fall 1:37).
- 120 Darrin Akers (New Bern) 10-2, So. over Joey Hannum (Wake Forest) 9-1, Sr. (M. For.).
- 126 Ayush Patel (Wake Forest) 14-0, Jr. over Jason Padilla (Jacksonville) 7-2, Jr. (Dec 5-0).
- 132 Tony Locke (Northside) 5-2, Jr. over Brennan Kelsey (West Carteret) 7-1, Sr. (Dec 3-0).
- 138 Krystian Kinsey (Havelock) 8-1, Jr. over Jacob Smith (New Bern) 9-3, Sr. (Dec 5-3).
- 145 Blaine Mainz (Jacksonville) 8-0, Sr. over Jason Hurst (Athens Drive) 10-2, Jr. (Fall 5:25).
- 152 Anthony Davis (Pamlico) 10-2, Sr. over Jarod Ruffing (D.H. Conley) 10-1, Sr. (Dec 6-4).
- 160 Sander Cypher (Wake Forest) 10-0, Sr. over Josh Soliz (Southwest Onslow) 5-1, Jr. (Fall 3:17).
- 170 Ruffin Mancuso (West Carteret) 8-0, Sr. over Mikel Lewis (Pamlico) 3-2, Sr. (Fall 1:59).
- 182 Youssef Aitboulahri (Athens Drive) 10-0, Sr. over Rory Aldridge (Northside) 6-3, Jr. (Fall 1:22).
- 195 Will Newbern (West Carteret) 6-0, Sr. over DeShawn Jones (Athens Drive) 8-2, Jr. (Fall 3:08).
- 220 Thomas Hudson (Dixon) 11-1, Jr. over Daniel Rawson (New Bern) 7-4, Sr. (Fall 0:24).
- 285 Josh Pollock (Dixon) 12-1, Sr. over Justice Green (D.H. Conley) 6-2, Sr. (Fall 0:33).
Archer beat fellow Georgia power Buford by 9 points and South Carolina power Eastside by 24. Alabama 7A power Oak Mountain finished 4th, Collins Hill was 5th, followed by Davie (NC), Lugoff Elgin (SC), and Alexander (GA). Here are the top 15 ...
- Archer 207.0
- Buford 198.0
- Eastside 183.0
- Oak Mountain 154.0
- Collins Hill 148.5
- Davie 138.5
- Lugoff Elgin 135.0
- Alexander 120.5
- River Bluff 119.0
- Fort Mill 112.5
- Science Hill 107.5
- Rock Hill 105.5
- Woodward Academy A 100.5
- Dorman 98.5
- Belton-Honea Path 95.5
106-120: Georgia State Runner-up Logan Ashton obliterated the field en route to the 106 lb. title. Ashton, perhaps the best 106 in the Southeast, pinned his first 3 opponents in the 1st period and then dispatched a very good Trenton Patterson of Belton Honea Path 13 seconds into the 2nd period for the title. Collins Hill's Gilbert Powell rebounded from a 2nd round loss to Patterson (5-0) to win 6 consecutive matches at take 3rd. Berea's Eddie Nguyen finished 4th. Davie's Hunter Smith, the #3 seed, knocked off 2016 South Carolina State Champ Jordie White 6-2 in the bottom semifinal and top seed Nick Masters of Woodward Academy by fall in the finals to take the top spot at 113. Masters pinned Collins Hill's Tariq Malik in the top semifinal. White downed Malik 4-3 to take 3rd. South Carolina State Runner-up Joshua Aquino of Dorman downed Buford's Kyle McCullough 5-2 in the quarters, Vinnie Ferrera of Alexander 3-1 in the semi's, and Justin Beck of Rock Hill 13-3 to take the top spot at 120. Ferrara downed South Carolina State Runner-up Nick Murray of Byrnes 8-6 sv1 to take 3rd.
126-138: Phenomenal freshman Nick Stonecheck of Buford knocked off top seed Micahel Avore of York 9-4 in top semifinal and then beat Brody Claasen of Fort Mill 9-5 to take the top step at 126. Claasen, the #3 seed, pinned #2 seed Garrett Hipp of Archer at 2:50 in the bottom semifinal. Avore pinned Hipp to take 3rd. Fargo All American Trevor Mansfield of Belton Honea Path dominated the bottom bracket and then held off Collins Hill freshman Lucas DeSilva 7-5 to take the title at 132. DeSilva hammered top seed Conner Pirkle of Emerald 16-4 in the top semifinal. Oak Mountain's Blake Randle bounced back from his loss to Mansfield to down Pirkle for 3rd. South Carolina's best wrestler, AJ Leitten of Fort Mill hammered the 138 lb. bracket en route to the title. Leitten took out #4 seed Carson Lester of Oak Mountain 15-0 in the top semifinal and then beat Archer's Gavin Smith 9-0 in the finals. Lester rebounded with a 9-2 decision over #5 seed Luke Story of Science Hill to take 3rd.
145-160: Ben Emery, the #4 seed, of River Bluff won a series of close matches to emerge as the 145 lb. champ. Emery beat #5 seed Little Nelson of Alexander 2-0 in the quarters, #9 seed Logan Smith of Alexander 4-3 in the semifinals, and fantastic freshman Charlie Darracott of Buford 4-1 in the finals. #2 seed Jake Hart of Ft. Mill battled back to take 3rd with a 14-2 decision over #3 seed Tucker Witmer of Woodward Academy. Archer's Peter Myndresku pinned Lugoff-Elgin's Noah North in overtime to advance to the finals at 152. Myndresku then pinned Ryan Hurd of Collins Hill at 1:16 to take the top step. Top seed Trent Ferguson of Buford battled back to take 3rd. Alabama State Runner-up Barrett Blakely of Oak Mountain beat Chase Diehl of Science Hill 4-1 to take the top step at 160. Eastside's Caleb Carillo rebounded from his semifinal loss to Blakely to pin Lugoff Elgin's Taylor Catoe, the #2 seed, to take 3rd.
170-195: Buford's Cooper Roberts easily handled the 170 lb. weight class. Roberts had 2 falls before downing Cole Diskell of Alexander 14-0 in the top semifinal and Jack Beehler of Eastside 9-2 in the finals. Oak Mountain's Justin Evans fell to Beehler 7-4 in the bottom semifinal, but bounced back to down Driskell 12-5 to take 3rd. Emerald's Luke Newton had 3 falls and then beat Rock Hill's Brandon Mills 5-0 to take the 182 lb. title. Blue Ridge's Christian Millsfell to Brandon Mills 8-3 in the bottom semifinal, but rebounded to take 3rd. Davie's Jesse Carter had 3 falls and a medical forfeit en route to the 195 lb. top step. Carter pinned Warren James of Byrnes at 1:40 to take the title. Top seed Kanon Hawkins of Mauldin rebounded from his semifinal loss to James to take 3rd.
220-285: Archer's Quinn Miller showed why he is one of the best 220's in the Southeast en route to the 220 lb. title. Miller had 3 1st period pins and then beat Collins Hill's Tomari Fox 10-3 in the finals. Fox, the #5 seed, downed Eastside's Deshawn Sullivan, the top seed, in overtime to advance to the finals on the top side of the bracket. Sullivan would get two falls in the consolations to take 3rd. River Bluff added a 2nd title when top seed Fabian Leon pinned Seth Branham of Lugoff Elgin at 4:37 in the 285 lb. final. #2 seed Tyrel Davis of Boiling Springs bounced back from a quarterfinal loss to Spencer Myers of Alexander to take 3rd.
5th Leon Maxwell Memorial at Bamberg-Ehrhardt
No team scores posted on track ... here are the individual champions:
- 106 No champion identified
- 113 Dougie Metts of Berkeley
- 119 Anthony Wells of North Charleston
- 126 Josh Maningding of Stratford
- 132 Preston Soriano of Stratford
- 138 Jacob D`Ambrosio of Cane Bay
- 145 Thomas Cromwell of James Island
- 152 Laman Gray of Stratford
- 160 Hayden Prince of Stratford
- 170 Ryan Hummel of May River
- 182 Tyrese Pressey of Colleton County
- 195 Zach Epting of Edisto
- 220 No champion identified
- 285 Nick Harper of Cane Bay
Kersey Memorial at Indian Land
No results posted on trackwrestling
Team Scores (top 10):
- Bradley Central High School 268.5
- Ringgold HS 169.0
- Red Bank High School 76.0
- Lawrence County High School 69.0
- Hardin Valley HS 67.5
- Brentwood High School 65.5
- Farragut HS 48.0
- Chattanooga Central High School 37.0
- Signal Mountain High School 36.5
- Ooltewah High School 33.5
- 106 Wesley Devaney of Bradley Central High School
- 113 Thomas (tj) Hicks of Bradley Central High School
- 120 Trey Hicks of Bradley Central High School
- 126 Thomas Anderson of Bradley Central High School
- 132 Ryan McElhaney of Bradley Central High School
- 138 Trevor Milling of Ringgold HS
- 145 Knox Fuller of Bradley Central High School
- 152 Austin Mathews of Bradley Central High School
- 160 William Kaylor of Bradley Central High School
- 170 Jackson Headrick of Bradley Central High School
- 182 Trey Johnson Iii of Bradley Central High School
- 195 Cj Grissim of Brentwood High School
- 220 Victor Bednarski of Ooltewah High School
- 285 Enrique Maravilla of Ringgold HS
Stewart Schay Black Horse Invitational
Team Scores (top 10):
- Brother Martin 238.0
- Christian Brothers 211.5
- Beech 186.5
- Arlington 181.5
- Montgomery Bell Academy 156.0
- Grissom 137.0
- Bartlett 116.5
- Blackman 116.0
- Brother Martin B Team 112.0
- Hixson 104.0
- 106 Noah Horst (Beech) 6-0, Fr. over Daniel Varnado (Brother Martin) 14-1, Sr. (Dec 5-0).
- 113 Brayden Palmer (Beech) 6-0, So. over TYLER IVEY (Grissom) 3-1, So. (Dec 5-2).
- 120 Luke Cotton (Brother Martin) 16-0, Jr. over Justin Leal (Brother Martin B Team) 17-2, Jr. (Fall 2:27).
- 126 Gabriel Elkin (Montgomery Bell Academy) 8-0, Sr. over Lane Boudreaux (Brother Martin) 14-2, So. (Dec 8-2).
- 132 Michael Elkin (Montgomery Bell Academy) 8-0, Sr. over Jonas Shackleford (Hixson) 9-1, Sr. (Dec 8-2).
- 138 Patrick Evans (Brother Martin) 10-2, So. over Jeremiah Herron (Beech) 5-1, So. (Dec 13-6).
- 145 Dalton Cockman (Bartlett) 9-0, So. over Harrison Phillips (Arlington) 9-3, Jr. (Dec 3-2).
- 152 Bryce Wittman (Montgomery Bell Academy) 8-0, Jr. over Dontae Johnson (Kingsbury) 8-1, Jr. (Fall 2:12).
- 160 Landon Fowler (Blackman) 6-0, . over Perry Matthews (Montgomery Bell Academy) 7-1, Sr. (Fall 1:50).
- 170 Matthew Sells (Blackman) 6-0, . over Kyle Smith (Beech) 5-1, Jr. (Dec 6-4).
- 182 Tommy Brackett (Christian Brothers) 5-0, Sr. over Nathaniel Perdue (Brother Martin) 14-5, Sr. (Fall 2:54).
- 195 Keegan Jones (Christian Brothers) 3-0, Jr. over Seth Bruder (James Clemens) 12-2, Jr. (Fall 3:04).
- 220 Grayson Walthall (Christian Brothers) 5-0, Jr. over Truman Ross (Hixson) 8-1, Sr. (Fall 1:45).
- 285 Patrick Healy (Christian Brothers) 4-0, Jr. over Alex Green (Briarcrest) 3-1, Jr. (Dec 7-3).
- 106 Connor Hoffman (Brother Martin B Team) 13-4, Fr. over Gabe O`Callaghan (Bartlett) 8-2, Jr. (Dec 3-2).
- 113 Daniel Croy (Brother Martin) 14-1, So. over Michael Cannon (Arlington) 3-2, So. (MD 9-0).
- 120 Caleb Morgan (Arlington) 11-2, Jr. over Bristin Hulsey (Beech) 6-2, Fr. (Dec 4-3).
- 126 Alex Duncan (Brother Martin B Team) 17-3, Fr. over William Downing (Beech) 4-2, Sr. (Fall 2:42).
- 132 Jordan Taylor (Cordova) 5-1, Sr. over Conner Rasberry (Christian Brothers) 5-2, Sr. (SV-1 8-6).
- 138 Spencer Davis (James Clemens) 14-4, Jr. over Cederick Harris (Hixson) 9-3, Sr. (Dec 11-10).
- 145 JONATHAN HANDY (Grissom) 5-1, Jr. over Eli Hodge (Christian Brothers) 5-2, So. (Dec 5-4).
- 152 Joseph Garrett (Beech) 6-1, Sr. over Paul Elmer (Brother Martin) 16-5, Jr. (SV-1 8-6).
- 160 Jeharian Maddox (Beech) 6-1, Sr. over Elijah Miller (West Creek) 5-2, Jr. (Dec 5-4).
- 170 Alex Hodge (Christian Brothers) 6-1, Jr. over HUNTER BIGGS (Grissom) 4-2, Jr. (MD 11-1).
- 182 NICHOLAS BIGGS (Grissom) 5-1, Sr. over Brandon Patterson (Bolton) 5-3, Sr. (Fall 4:15).
- 195 Aaron Moore (Arlington) 11-2, Sr. over Andrew Sweatt (Christian Brothers) 4-3, Sr. (Dec 5-3).
- 220 Josiah Fahhoum (Briarcrest) 4-1, Sr. over Mack Brown (Brother Martin) 3-2, So. (Dec 3-1).
- 285 Johnthan Metcalf (Arlington) 3-1, Sr. over Jake Spiva (Christian Brothers) 3-2, Jr. (Dec 5-1).
Border Duals (TN vs. VA) - 12 teams from one of the two states.
Pool A Results
Patrick Henry defeated Elizabethton 39-36.
Tennessee High defeated Elizabethton 54-18.
Tennessee High defeated Patrick Henry 54-18.
Pool B Results
Morristown West defeated Seymour 38-31.
Morristown West defeated Daniel Boone 57-12.
Seymour defeated Daniel Boone 57-9.
Pool C Results
Central defeated David Crockett 43-30.
Central defeated Sullivan East 36-36.
Sullivan East defeated David Crockett 42-31.
Pool D Results
Virginia High defeated Happy Valley 72-0.
Virginia High defeated Dobyns Bennett 42-36.
Dobyns Bennett defeated Happy Valley 72-0.
Championship Bracket Results
1st Place Match
Tennessee High defeated Morristown West 60-23.
3rd Place Match
Virginia High defeated Dobyns Bennett 42-34.
5th Place Match
Central defeated Seymour 38-33.
7th Place Results
Sullivan East defeated Patrick Henry 39-30.
9th - 12th Place Results
Elizabethton defeated Happy Valley 54-6.
David Crockett defeated Daniel Boone 64-0.
David Crockett defeated Elizabethton 44-30.
Daniel Boone defeated Happy Valley 21-6.
Elizabethton defeated Daniel Boone 42-15.
David Crockett defeated Happy Valley 72-6.
- 106: Isaiah Gorenflo (Seymour)
- 113: Trent Nelson (Tennessee) and Elijah Hicks (Sullivan East)
- 120: Dillon Pendley (Tennesee) and Mike Kromoff (David Crockett)
- 126: Judson McCray (Tennessee) and Dillom Lemons (Dobyns Bennett)
- 132: Isaac Wright (Patrick Henry)
- 138: Logan Ferguson (Tennessee) and Richard Owens (Central)
- 145: Jared Harter (Tennessee) and Trevor Shupe (Central)
- 152: Dewey Pendley (Tennessee)
- 160: Bryson Henley (Tennessee) and Griffin Simerly (Morristown West)
- 170: Joshua Rapcan (Dobyns Bennett)
- 182: Chris Taylor (Elizabethton) and Logan Fields (Tennessee)
- 195: Zane Gray (David Crockett) and Randall Whisman (Dobyns Bennett)
- 220: Jeremy Spangler (Tennessee) and Adam Lauman (Virginia High)
- 285: Kaleb Bare (Sullivan East), Lukas White (Elizabethton), and Josh Pratt (Morristown West)